*help*

jessyk1065

Ok. Over the past few months I've become more comfortable in my asexuality. I haven't plucked up the courage to actually come out to anybody yet, but to my close friends it's obvious that sex/intimate contact is not up there on my list of fun things to do on weekends. My roommate/best friend has her boyfriend here this weekend. Every time he's here, all they do all weekend is lay in the middle of our floor in front of our refrigirator cuddeling/tickeling/making out. It. is. DISGUSTING. I keep on walking in on them on top of each other, and hearing kissy noises, and I don't feel at home in my own room. How do I politely point out to her that this makes me EXTREMELY uncomfortable? It doesn't help that I hate her boyfriend because since they've been together (a little over a year) he has made her into an entirely different (and, in my opinion, worse) person. She claims she doesn't want to have to choose between the two of us, but she basically already has. They whisper to each other when I'm in the room so I can't hear (or so they think) what they're talking about, and a large amount of the time it's about me, and how odd I am. I hate confrontation, and I realize they're "in love", but this is really getting to be incredibly uncomfortable for me. HELP!!

Lady Heartilly

Okay, now that's just plain rude! My roommate told me at the beginning of the semester that she wanted her boyfriend to sleep over on weekends and I told her I wouldn't put up with that so she's gone home every weekend since the semester began. Roommates should be considerate toward each other and even though it's more independent than living with your parents, they still need to realize that they do not have their own room. She definitely should have asked you if you would be okay with them making out and stuff while you were there, and you definitely should have told her after the first time it happened that you'd prefer they went somewhere else to do that. I realize you hate confrontation, but you can't just let something like that go if it's really bothering you. You don't have to act angry about it; just say "There's something I want to talk to you about" and calmly explain how you feel.

They whisper to each other when I'm in the room so I can't hear (or so they think) what they're talking about, and a large amount of the time it's about me, and how odd I am.

Okay, this would bother me a hell of a lot more than them making out. And all I can say is... two can play at that game! :twisted: Or four, as the case may be. :wink: That's just what I would do...

Lady Heartilly
*hides under desk* they're licking cookie dough off of each other.........

O_o

Dude, you really, really need to ask them to take that shit into the bedroom. It's totally inappropriate in the common area. And I though I totally understand your hatred of confrontation, it needs to happen 'cause they're obviously bothering you.

What I'd do is grab a chair, set it down across from them, and stare at them while eating popcorn or something. Don't say anything. Don't make any faces (you can look bored though...). Just sit and stare and eat slowly. Eventually they'll say something, hopefully "Do you mind?" And then you can be all witty and reply with something witty. I'm willing to bet that they're doing it for attention or to provoke you, so you should just give it to them. Give them more than they'd ever want. It should scare them away.

But I'd just do that if after you talk to her about it, and if she keeps being obnoxious. Passive aggression is funny sometimes.

Lady Heartilly
Dude, you really, really need to ask them to take that shit into the bedroom. It's totally inappropriate in the common area. And I though I totally understand your hatred of confrontation, it needs to happen 'cause they're obviously bothering you.

I think they might be in the bedroom; not all dorms have a common room. Either way they need to find somewhere more private, like maybe if he has his own room or something. It's not right to do that in the same room that someone else lives in too.

Doing it in the privacy of your own room is one thing, but right in the middle of the floor where you can see? Hm, not only inappropriate, but rude and inconsiderate as well.

Can you, say, practice your tuba lessons or something? Or maybe make some popcorn, pull up a chair, and watch them intently like AmoebicMe suggested.

:twisted: :twisted:

Sorry, but I would tell them to take it someplace else if it were me. If it's the kind of room that doesn't have separate bedrooms then I think they should give you enough money so you can go see a movie and have dinner someplace far away from them.

-Greybird

Holy crap!! :evil: :evil: They are evil! Tell them I said so & will come haunt them for the rest of their lives unless they stop and apologize to you!

But seriously- I think AmoebicMe's & Greybird's suggestions are great & would definitely try those out. Or bring in a bunch of other friends once they start being obnoxious and have everyone start taking pictures of them. Or get other couples to make out on the floor along side of them or something.

thanks for all your replies :) he left on Sunday morning (I was sleeping, thank goodness). I never said anything, but....AHH. Awkward situations. In answer to some people's replies, this is a one-room dorm room, so you can pretty much see what either person is doing at all hours of the day (or night...eeeew....). And, unfortunately, he's still in high school so he doesn't go here, so they couldn't go somewhere else, really. Argh. I'll have to talk to them about it some time, I suppose. ::sigh:: But, back to my point. Thank you for understanding! I was hoping it wasn't just me that was grossed out by that...