Too young to know?

....then its a phase.

....then your preferences change.

So..?

Doesnt matter if you may like eating tomatoes and onions when you're older, because right now you dont. Doesnt matter if you flip through sexual identities every other day, because the one you're at now is what you are right now. It really makes no difference whether or not you are asexual your entire life, or just a few years. There's nothing wrong with a phase, and most everything is a phase to begin with---doesnt invalidate whatever it is, it just means that you're not stagnant. People subtly and drastically change all the time because its natural to. Its also not unheard of to incorrectly label yourself---still doesn't matter. You're trying to figure yourself out, so what? You may never know who you are, but maybe at 13, you do. Doesnt matter.

Things could change but what matters is now. If it fits and you feel comfortable with the label than cool, go for it.

If it changes no big. I thought I was heterosexual when I was 13.

Things change sometimes and others they don't.

Most people figure out their sexuality (or lack thereof) during puberty, but it's completely fine to be questioning. Either way, whatever you identify with, there's nothing wrong with that. And nobody can tell the future, maybe you would still identify the same way in 10 years, maybe not. All that anybody really knows is the present.

Also, about labels... it's really not like they're permanent. So if you're afraid you might be "wrong" in the future, there's really no shame in changing whatever you identify with -- if you even want to use a label at all. Either is fine, whatever feels right to you.

Most people figure out their sexuality (or lack thereof) during puberty, but it's completely fine to be questioning. Either way, whatever you identify with, there's nothing wrong with that. And nobody can tell the future, maybe you would still identify the same way in 10 years, maybe not. All that anybody really knows is the present.

Also, about labels... it's really not like they're permanent. So if you're afraid you might be "wrong" in the future, there's really no shame in changing whatever you identify with -- if you even want to use a label at all. Either is fine, whatever feels right to you.

Thank You!

Things could change but what matters is now. If it fits and you feel comfortable with the label than cool, go for it.

If it changes no big. I thought I was heterosexual when I was 13.

Things change sometimes and others they don't.

Thank you!

....then its a phase.

....then your preferences change.

So..?

Doesnt matter if you may like eating tomatoes and onions when you're older, because right now you dont. Doesnt matter if you flip through sexual identities every other day, because the one you're at now is what you are right now. It really makes no difference whether or not you are asexual your entire life, or just a few years. There's nothing wrong with a phase, and most everything is a phase to begin with---doesnt invalidate whatever it is, it just means that you're not stagnant. People subtly and drastically change all the time because its natural to. Its also not unheard of to incorrectly label yourself---still doesn't matter. You're trying to figure yourself out, so what? You may never know who you are, but maybe at 13, you do. Doesnt matter.

Thank you!

It's OK to identify as asexual at any age, as long as you feel like the label fits you. Teens and preteens can know they're gay, straight or bi, so why not ace?

That said, I would wait to make a huge public announcement if I were you because attraction does develop later in some people. For example, last year (when I was 15) I believed I was completely asexual. This year (at 16), I realize I'm probably more gray (but still with a strong connection to the ace community). Having to take back a big announcement would have been really embarrassing. But if you have to take back your own thoughts, no harm, no foul. It happens to everyone. People change their minds about who they are a lot.

You can know at your age, but it is also possible that you're a late bloomer because people normally come into their sexuality by as late as 15.

People can also take Bisexuals/Biromantics as finding themselves "superior" to others too, so all you can really do about that is clarify what they're saying are assumptions and that you never said that nor think that. Them believing you is really up to them, and sometimes there's not changing ignorance, so don't try too hard. You can also simply not bring it up. If you know those people react badly, don't provoke them to react even worse by repeatedly mentioning it.

You can know at your age, but it is also possible that you're a late bloomer because people normally come into their sexuality by as late as 15.

People can also take Bisexuals/Biromantics as finding themselves "superior" to others too, so all you can really do about that is clarify what they're saying are assumptions and that you never said that nor think that. Them believing you is really up to them, and sometimes there's not changing ignorance, so don't try too hard. You can also simply not bring it up. If you know those people react badly, don't provoke them to react even worse by repeatedly mentioning it.

Thanks!

It's OK to identify as asexual at any age, as long as you feel like the label fits you. Teens and preteens can know they're gay, straight or bi, so why not ace?

That said, I would wait to make a huge public announcement if I were you because attraction does develop later in some people. For example, last year (when I was 15) I believed I was completely asexual. This year (at 16), I realize I'm probably more gray (but still with a strong connection to the ace community). Having to take back a big announcement would have been really embarrassing. But if you have to take back your own thoughts, no harm, no foul. It happens to everyone. People change their minds about who they are a lot.

Thank you for the great comment! It's really helpful!

You are never too young to know your sexuality. I was 10 when i told my mom that sex was gross and i didnt want kids! I was in my 20's and didnt see the point of sex in a relationship and i always held a pillow infront of my eyes or zapped whenever i saw people being way too intimate with eachother and i still think the same way now im in my 30's.The only thing that changed that i now know the term for it and thats ok. Im happy to see that there are so many resources to help you find your sexual indentity, I honestly wish i had these options when i was a teen, it would have saved me so many headaches and trouble in my life.