Trustworthy?

A friend and I were talking(both of us are A), and he had a thought about asexuals being extremely trustworthy. Simply because we don't have any ulterior motives when we ask someone out, etc.

What do you think??

I can see his point, but like anticulus said, there are other motives besides sex. An asexual could be a complete jerk too- you know, like an abuser or something.

I will also have to say that there are other areas for deceipt besides sex.

Asexuals can theoretically be involved in all sorts of non-sexual crimes and I know of at least one case where a professed asexual was trying to sell memberships in a pyramid scheme. (To be fair, I don't think he realized how thoroughly HE had been duped by the same scheme.)

Bottom line: all people are human.

Use common sense and change your bullshit filters regularly!

-Greybird

Well, I suppose it does make asexual guys more trustworthy because they aren't trying to chat girls up to get in their pants. Also, I'd say asexuals are a bit less impulsive, dunno why, but I get that impression.

I don't believe that is true because there are a lot of sexuals that are not looking for sex when they ask you out. There are also friends that are sexual, yet not looking for sex if they ask you if you want to go somewhere with them. I think any decent sexual wouldn't be looking for sex either when they ask you out.

Works both ways, doesn't it? 99% of the time, when sexual people look for a new partner, they expect this new boyfriend or girlfriend to be interested in them sexually, trust that with that person the relationship can move on to more than just a friendship... and some sexual people do just need gratification... If you go out with someone for a number of months before choosing to mention your asexuality, most sexual people would feel incredibly let down, something that just wouldn't have happened had we been sexual.