Androgynous clothing and where to find it

Brel

str8fuknpimpin

my asz walks around in a one-piece burgendy speedo all. de. time man....

no matter what the time...no matter what the sidewalk culture...helm...i don't even particulate the wiz-eather man....

it's like the prefect mix of femininity mixed with masculinity ROOOOAAAARR! :x EAAAAT LAAA BIZ-OAR BIATCH! :twisted: :lol:

i'm kidding i'm joking...i'm twisted... :P see?

You're right to some extent, Neurovore, in that these clothes are basically the same. However, there are almost always differences between the versions sold for men and for women - to account for the different typical body sizes and shapes.

However, for a lot of people who want to appear androgynous, these aren't always such good options.

After all, a man in jeans and a t-shirt doesn't normally look androgynous, he just looks like a man. The same goes for a woman.

I think it tends to take a bit more effort to appear androgynous, and one way of effecting this is to wear some more unusual clothes (things like capes which cover up lots of giveaway body shapes are a good example) or more gender-ful clothes of the 'opposite' gender.

I find it hard to wear clothes (at least tops) made for women just because of the current fashion trends..

I wear clothes for both sexes. Other than that I don't know if I can help you much.

And yes, womens clothes are cut different

I find it hard to wear clothes (at least tops) made for women just because of the current fashion trends.

Yeah, me too.

Then again, almost any shirt that isn't your basic crewneck (or similarly "high" necked shirt) won't be too low-cut on most females... but if I try to wear those shirts, it's like "LOOK! I HAVE BREASTS!" *dramatic sigh* Because mine are high up on my body -- enough higher than most women that I have to be careful about the shirts I buy.

haha, that goth site is cute.

Eh... I usually just wear whatever strikes my fancy. Most of it looks feminine ish, but it's all really comfy. Some folk say I look like a hippie, really o.O

However, when I want to look androgen... I find the best way is to wear a men's suit. It has to be cut in a specific way, however... the shoulder pads can't be TOO chunky because I already have very square shoulders, but they have to be chunky enough to hide my hips. It helps that I have a somewhat androgen figure already (no boobs, square shoulders), but the buisness-suit look really throws people off.

Oh. And that site's coats have NOTHING on the coats at http://www.abbyshot.com

And I know that Enigma coat does wonders for making your gender difficult to discern :P too bad I can't afford it. >.< damn college student money!

Oh. And that site's coats have NOTHING on the coats at http://www.abbyshot.com

And I know that Enigma coat does wonders for making your gender difficult to discern :P too bad I can't afford it. >.< damn college student money!

That coat is awesome.

• 6 years later...
Qutenkuddly

Please do not revive threads that have not been active for more than six months. If you wish to discuss this topic further, you are welcome to create a new thread for it.

Thread closed due to necromancy.

Qutenkuddly

Musings and Rantings Moderator

Archived