Ending up alone

karbear

StrangerInParadise

You have no idea how relieved I feel of not being the only one!

I have trouble letting people get close to me, or dare even touch me, because I'm afraid of being forced into something and of not being accepted.

It really doesn't help that my friends are either in relationships or constantly talking about this new possible boyfriend / girlfriend they met.

Sometimes I feel even if I will decide to have sex with someone someday (I was thinking maybe honeymoon?) that I will be ashamed of it, and not to forget completely unexperienced.

It's the look people give me when they find out I didn't do "it" yet that makes me feel left alone, because I feel like I'm not a whole person and it makes my fear of coming out grow and makes the possibility of ending up alone seem so real.

I am.

After being in a relationship for 6 years, I thought I had it all for me, aside from the fact that I didn't want sex and my ex-husband was very sexual.

And now, 5 years after that relationship ended, I had no perspective, and I still don't, but at least now I figured out a good thing about myself, even though it's still confusing.

Problem is? I'm still kind of wondering how that can work. How can you have a loving relationship without sex unless your partner is asexual as well? And if so, how to find them?

I live in a city where people are supposed to be physically fit and where men are very sexual to begin with. I'm also not getting any younger, which frightens me that one day I might live alone.

At least, I have a good friend who's also asexual and we've made a pact that if at some point of our lives we find no one, we'll live together and share our lives, so at least it's a way out. But while I love her, it's not QUITE the same.

Bobby-no-mates

I found "Rigid Pinks" first article most interesting. It depends what you mean by 'ending up alone'. If this means um-partnered, then as long as you've got good friends, you'll never be alone. However, if you have neither, than you are alone.

I realised 15 months ago that I was Asexual. Unfortunately, this has placed me on a very high pedestal. I have no friends or family I can speak with, so will certainly end up alone.

Archived