Wait a second...can someone clarify sexual awakening?

LemonLetters

So.... I just had an epiphany... but maybe I'm wrong...

So I've seen a lot of really "duh" moments written on here that made me realize things I've just completely missed, like the possible stronger connotation of people saying "I'd tap that" or "hot" or "sexy."

So... when people say they had their "sexual awakening" was that like an obvious thing? Like can you pinpoint that day? Cause I always heard it and had like this vague idea that one day they realized they "liked" the boy on TV. Like as in thought they were cute. And from now on they like boys and want to kiss boys. And so I always would have this vauge idea that my sexual awakening was probably some cute character on TV or something, but I honestly can't pin point anything (lots of people on TV are attractive?).

Is a sexual awakening obvious or like actually "sexual"? Or am I just making stuff up here haha (also this is my fav because Grahm Norton+Eddie Redmayne

)

So.... I just had an epiphany... but maybe I'm wrong...

So I've seen a lot of really "duh" moments written on here that made me realize things I've just completely missed, like the possible stronger connotation of people saying "I'd tap that" or "hot" or "sexy."

So... when people say they had their "sexual awakening" was that like an obvious thing? Like can you pinpoint that day? Cause I always heard it and had like this vague idea that one day they realized they "liked" the boy on TV. Like as in thought they were cute. And from now on they like boys and want to kiss boys. And so I always would have this vauge idea that my sexual awakening was probably some cute character on TV or something, but I honestly can't pin point anything (lots of people on TV are attractive?).

Is a sexual awakening obvious or like actually "sexual"?

I think it depends on the person (and their memory obviously). Sometimes people may have an event where they're like "hey, I'm attracted to this person!", and other look back and thing "wait, I have this feeling now. Since when?"

As an asexual, I guess my libido can count as a "sexual awakening". I can't pinpoint the exact day, but I just gradually realised that I had the urge to masturbate, and it wasn't there before. However, I can pinpoint exactly when my "romantic awakening" occurred, aka first crush.

So... when people say they had their "sexual awakening" was that like an obvious thing? Like can you pinpoint that day?

Is a sexual awakening obvious or like actually "sexual"? Or am I just making stuff up here haha

Yes, it's obvious, and yes, if they wrote it down then they can tell you the exact day they first had the desire for sex/sex with a specific individual.

When young (i.e. 8 to 12), they may not be able to recognize that they're feeling sexual attraction, but later in junior high to early high school they normally realize what it actually is. So an exact date may not be possible unless the person is very aware or older than normal and thus can recognize things better.

scarletlatitude

I don't remember ever having one so I don't know if I can really clarify anything for you.... :P But I think Star Bit is right. It all depends on the person, when it happened, and if it really had that big of an impact on them.

I think it's supposed to be like, when you become aware of your sexuality/sexual attraction to people. I don't think people remember the exact moment they realized, but they remember some of the first people they felt at least kind of attracted to.

I'm not sure I've heard of a sexual awakening until this moment. Sounds like the kinda thing that happens to middle-aged married ladies during a night out with too much tequila, but what do I know.

I remember feeling all kindsa excited and stuff about my first girlfriend, but no, there was no magic moment.

Don't think I've had one of those.

I think it depends on the person (and their memory obviously). Sometimes people may have an event where they're like "hey, I'm attracted to this person!", and other look back and thing "wait, I have this feeling now. Since when?"

That sounds like me. I think I grew into sexuality basically. There was no "suddenly I have this feeling".

My libido awakened suddenly, with a bang, but it followed a long period of curiousity about anything sexual. It was like: At one point, can't exactly tell you when, the fascination/curiousity about sex turned into arousal, and suddenly I had the urge to touch myself/masturbate, which I previously hadn't had. That last part felt like it happened sort of over night, but it's probably just how I remember it all those years later.

Knowing I felt attracted to boys, well, since elementary. Had my first crush in sixth grade or so, and then fell in love for the first time in 9th grade or so. I have been in love really just once since, but I have had some crushes, where I've thought a lot about/cared about someone but not seen us as potentially together for life.

Wanting to have sex with people? Well... Never, really. I just never got the urge to (although I did have a couple of boyfriends before that, and we would go to second base, partially third in a few cases), but decided at 18 that it was about time to have sex, I had no drive to do it, just felt it was a part of growing up.

I am unsure if I am asexual, because if I make out+++ with someone and get aroused, I don't mind having sex with them (it's a convenient way to get release), so I don't necessarily DON'T want sex. I just have no interest in it. So I don't know how helpful this is, as I clearly do have some sort of sexuality/a need for sexual release. Either way, the point is that sexual awakening can be a process, but it has "leaps" (such as the first time you get aroused, the first time you get an urge to masturbate, the first time you want to have sex with someone else if you have that want, etc.)

So I was turned on when I was being abused but I didn't realize that it was called that until I was about 20-21.

Not sure if that counts or helps.

It's different for different people (obviously :P) but supposedly it happens at some point in your teens with this:

[...]when you become aware of your sexuality/sexual attraction to people.

Some describe it is a very sudden realisation, "dawning" on them, whereas others find it more subtle.

butterflydreams

Libido kicking on? Yes, that was a thing that happened to me. Sexual awakening? I suppose I'm still waiting on that. There were a few times when I thought I might be experiencing it, but they were all contrived.

I have heard about it though. People just realizing one day, or over a period of time, that "wow, people are hot, I want to bang people I think are hot."

I had an epiphany moment when I discovered the term asexual, like "oh, this is the feeling I've had all along! I'm not alone!". Yet now I identify as sexual, even if it's just barely and I'm not sure to what degree. It took me a long time to learn that my sexuality goes beyond boys (and that there are more than two genders). I didn't accept it until last year.

BR2925 (Sunfish)

I think I might have been "sexually awoken" quite a while ago. It's when I started to notice "curvy" aspects of ladies. (Kind of a weird way to put it but it's true.) When I first noticed them I started noticing them more and more. Then I realized that it's just a part of my attraction. It's weird. One day, it just hit me and then I started noticing them more often.

Eleven, is there any chance you could elaborate on why you considered yourself asexual and then why you changed your mind? Just because I am considering the "just barely" thing for myself, so it'd be helpful to hear your experience.

I can definitely pinpoint when mine occurred, but it's still more of a subdued, specific thing compared to what I think most others experience.

I'm still unsure as to whether to call what I experience a libido. I may have figured out what the whole sexual response and masturbation thing, but I still have no compulsions to do it at any random time, and frankly I'm not even sure if I can. It's a strictly "reactive" sort of thing and only my partner, in our more intimate moments, ends up triggering it. If that never ends up happening, I'm effectively no different than how I was before. I never feel any sort of need (or wanting) for release -- although apparently, my body still does, because it still chooses to plague me with the occasional erotic dream, like it did before all of this started...

I definitely haven't started seeing people in a more sexual way or anything; sexual attraction still eludes me. But I do feel like I understand a little bit more of what makes people pursue sex. Just... not to the crazy extent that some people do.

I'm not sure I've heard of a sexual awakening until this moment. Sounds like the kinda thing that happens to middle-aged married ladies during a night out with too much tequila, but what do I know.

Nah, it happens to teenage girls in romance novels.

Archived