a little bit about the cakeloid. (mod intro)

kelico

Hello and welcome to the Welcome Lounge! :cake: I am your resident Welcome Lounge Moderator, kelico. : ) This post is for you to learn a bit more about me, although the banner I made does a good job of summarizing haha! :P At the end, there are a few helpful links if you're new to the site!

I joined AVEN in June of 2014. I first learned about asexuality in...about October of the previous year, which I think was during Asexual Awareness Week! Someone had shared an article about a girl that identified as gray-asexual, and I looked into that. I was incredibly intrigued because so much of what I read hit home with me. I remember writing down in my journal something along the lines of, “Gray-asexual? Is that me?” Then months went by, and it was just in the back of my mind. I didn’t think about my possible identity again until a friend of mine came out as agender, and then I also found out that they were asexual! I was so surprised because again, I didn’t know about asexuality until a few months before. So we talked, and then I did more research...read a whole lot on AVEN, and then I eventually joined. : )) After more reading and talking, I figured out that I’m asexual (not gray), and just...well I learned soooooooo much here. (My romantic orientation was a huge revelation as well as my gender identity!)

I fell in love with this community right from the get-go. And it was the Welcome Lounge that did it. Everyone was so kind, so supportive...and I wanted to join in that sharing of support to other new members, so a good majority of my first posts were all here in WL. : ) Being in a new place can be really scary, and I sure know it! So it’s always a great feeling to find people that are helpful and understanding, there to take your hand if you need it. I’m very glad to be a part of the admod team and be here to help new members.

Ahem. *clears throat* There’s my little (probably too long) AVEN origin story, I guess you could say. :rolleyes:

As for other general things about me:

• I’m a graphic designer.

• I have 4 budgies. I adore birds. ♥ I go birding with my dad for fun and take photos as well.

• I have a dog, and he is a crazy little old man. I love dogs so much. *huggles them*

• Ok, so yeah, I’m definitely an animal person.

• I’m a huge Vocaloid fan, especially of Hatsune Miku. <3 I basically always use avatars of her. My custom title is "cakeloid" because, come on, CAKE...combined with Vocaloid.

• Despite my usually cheery and optimistic attitude, I do have my darkness. I suffer from depression, generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, OCD, and other health problems that I wish would go away (CHRONIC MIGRAINES! *shakes fist*). But I try not to let these things defeat me.

• When I’m not working (which seems like most of the time lol), my favorite free-time activities would be playing video games, watching TV, hanging out here on AVEN, and reading.

• I love my family. I don't know what I'd do without them.

• Cake is my lifeblood.

Wow! Ok, so I wrote a lot. Thank you for reading!! :cake: If you have any questions, don’t be afraid to ask. If I can’t answer them, I’ll try to point you in the right direction. : ) Take care, take cake, and best wishes!

easy_layers_cake_pan_set_2105-0112_wilto

SOME HELPFUL LINKS:

Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | List of How-To’s | PT’s Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexual Q&A FAQs

I just have to say, that is the most beautiful cake I have ever seen. <3

You wrote a great intro! I think I've said this before, but I'm really happy to see you as the moderator of Welcome Lounge :cake: :cake:

congratulations!

very nice intro! thank a lot for all you are doing for us!

what about...more cake? :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

• 1 month later...

The cakeloid has been remiss in posting cakes here...I didn't plan on it, but why not? ;) Delicious cakes for all!!! (And welcome to AVEN, if you're new!)

exps46656_TH1789926D45A.jpgexps43286_TH1443686D16B.jpg

exps26937_HC1442840D55C.jpgexps20212_QC10360D39.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Such a nice welcoming post! :cake: It's nice to meet you Kelico ^_^ !

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry this is rather late, but welcome to the green side, Kelico 🎂 🎂

• 3 months later...

This is truly wonderful! People who "get it*, AND offer cake!!!

mangocake400.jpg

• 6 months later...
anonymously_found

Hey cakeloid! Apologies for the very late reply, but I had to thank you for the welcoming intro! i do ha e a geusge about all the cake pictures in here. *stomach rumbles*

Cheers anyways! 

• 4 months later...
Internetlionboy

Heyo Cakeloid nice to meet you owo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You seem cool that was a great intro! Miku is my fave. <3

Also all this cake is making me hungry. It kinda feels as though this is an asexuality forum/cake appreciation club. Either way I'm down. 

I love birds too!! You seem awesome (I have a cockatiel)

5 minutes ago, Ciney said:

His name is Tiki

That's an adorable name!! : )) Birds are amazing. <333 Welcome!! :cake: 

Archived