Is there any scientifit way to become asexual?

Hello!, I am a sexual person who doesn't want to be one, it is really annoying for me, sexual drive bother me, I want to be in peace, I want to look for what I really want and not what an "hormone feeling" makes me seek for. I just hope some advises from you guys so that I can deal with it, because I don't really want it. It's like I am half asexual and half sexual (no, I'm not asexual I know hah), when hormones come out I'm sexual, but then it's like what's the meaning of this, it doesn't have any sense any more and I just want to leave it away..
Greetings from Argentina! Hope all your advises ! :)

Specific brain changes responsible to sexual orientation is the only way sexual orientation can change as a possibility... But, don't expect it to happen often. Not one study could rule out such a possibility. You could try looking up failed therapies, and all studies which is intended to support 'born this way' idea, and they still can't be used to disprove such a possibility that brain changes could alter sexual orientation. There's cases of strokes altering one's orientation which kind of support the idea that perhaps not everyone was born that way, and it's not a choice in majority if not all.

You cannot 'become asexual'. Asexuality is an orientation. That's sort of the point, it's something that some people are.

I think that you could scientifically destroy your sex-drive? Maybe? I don't know though.

Just please avoid saying 'become asexual', because that sort of implies that asexuality isn't an orientation, which gets annoying.

allrightalready

also i think what you are actually looking for is a way to stop the libido

No.

And with no evidence to support that, and we still can't really rule out brain changes altering sexual orientation at all. That bypasses genetics and prenatal hormones.

Are you referring to your libido?

Because technically you can not will your orientation to change. I mean it can be fluid and change but you have no choice in the matter.

nerdperson777

The only scientific way I can think to reduce a male's libido is to transition into a woman. Taking estrogen and progesterone with castration can greatly decrease your libido. But you probably don't want to do that. :wacko:

Lowering your libido is possible (though idk how), but it won't get rid of you feeling sexual attraction; just you'll less frequently desire them that way. You can also be a celibate sexual person, but i guess that wouldn't get rid of the problem.

(Libido refers to both sex and masturbation, while sex-drive refers to sex)

The only scientific way I can think to reduce a male's libido is to transition into a woman. Taking estrogen and progesterone with castration can greatly decrease your libido. But you probably don't want to do that. :wacko:

No. Lots of antidepressants and other pills that alter brain chemistry will TEND to lower libido. However I don't recommend going to the doctor's just for that, because there's also often loads of other side effects.

Are you referring to your libido?

Because technically you can not will your orientation to change. I mean it can be fluid and change but you have no choice in the matter.

Yes I think that¡s what I want!..Thank you all for your repliess!!

No. Lots of antidepressants and other pills that alter brain chemistry will TEND to lower libido. However I don't recommend going to the doctor's just for that, because there's also often loads of other side effects.

Yes I know about that, but even though if I wanted to get them I'm not sure if it would be possible, I don't think any doctor would give pills just for that xP, that pills are madicated for another treatment I think hah

do asexual people have a libido?

Some do; some don't. The only thing that's common among asexuals is that they don't have an innate desire for partnered sex.

B.F. Skinner would probably say you could condition yourself to not want sex (positive/negative punishment etc) xD

but personally, I think that you should accept yourself for the way you are and not try to change something that is innately you.

You can't become asexual. If you're asexual, you're born this way, or your brain underwent some major and probably biological change.

Even if you were asexual, it wouldn't mean having no libido. Studies show that asexuals have the same libido as anyone else, on average. Some don't have a libido but it's clearly a minority.

You can't get rid of your libido, it's the way your body works. But if your libido is high, you can learn to control it a bit. Physical activity, meditation, yoga... Training can help you but you need time.

B.F. Skinner would probably say you could condition yourself to not want sex (positive/negative punishment etc) xD

but personally, I think that you should accept yourself for the way you are and not try to change something that is innately you.

who si myself?, the one who wants sex or the one who wants to have fun instead?

And I think that would be more like a trauma xD lol hehehe

nerdperson777

Well, I just said that it's the only way I can think of, but there are probably other ways.

Well, I just said that it's the only way I can think of, but there are probably other ways.

I'm pretty sure if those stroke cases of sexual orienation changes were confirmed, then yes, it would be possible to become asexual, but the probability is probably is about 0. There is a case of someone who is over 40 and had 2 strokes over that age, he experienced some behavior changes and he turned into a heterosexual, and he'd say he's a bisexual even if he no longer experience interest into men. By extension of that, it's not too far of a possibility that less extreme brain changes over time can lead to something like that. Especially slow ones. Brain changes is the other possibility, but not through medications.

Oh, and there is documents made by Lisa Diamonds confirming existence of fluid sexuality. Very few seemingly experienced extreme shifts.

GhettoBallerina

Wow...I'm new to the site...and I'm in LOVE! Still confused,but definitely in love. What I have is no "innate desire for partnered sex! But sometimes (sporadically,sometimes for up to 1 or 2 months) I'll have a desire. ?!?! I'm I asexual? Is my sexuality fluid?

Queen Under the Mountain

I was reading the side effects of a medicine I started taking yesterday for my allergy, and one of the side effects is exactly "lessen the desire for sex". So, although you can't turn asexual, you can lessen your libido and lessen your discomfort with it. I don't think it is a good thing though, you should look for a therapy to find out how to deal with it without medication. Like others said, exercises, dance, meditation, all can help you "fulfill" your need for sex and decrease the stress they're causing to you. If nothing works and the mental stress is extreme, you can talk with hour therapist about taking some medication.

OP...Doubtless, iHug may have a site for Ace Surgical Suggestions. But apart from severing the connexion between certain neurotransmitters and your genitalia, there is little can be done.

[beware: Not to be taken as a substitute for medical advice.] Buenos Aires :ph34r:

I have heard of massive head injuries doing interesting things to sexual desires or even orientation but they are not repeatable.

I have heard of massive head injuries doing interesting things to sexual desires or even orientation but they are not repeatable.

This. And there can be state in which one experience a slower and less lethal form of that.

Wow...I'm new to the site...and I'm in LOVE! Still confused,but definitely in love. What I have is no "innate desire for partnered sex! But sometimes (sporadically,sometimes for up to 1 or 2 months) I'll have a desire. ?!?! I'm I asexual? Is my sexuality fluid?

An asexual never desires partnered sex. What you described would be under the Gray-asexual/Gray-sexual umbrella (depending on which side you feel you lean more toward). More specifically it can be called Burstsexual.