The 2015 Ace Community Census

Member54880

This is the official 2015 survey organized by AVEN's survey team and Project Team.

This is a community-wide survey meant to measure various demographics in the asexual community and is open to any respondents, whether on the asexual spectrum or not. This survey includes some sensitive questions about sexual topics regarding sexual behavior and sexual violence. Before the sexual history and sexual violence section, a screen will appear asking if you want to answer the questions in that section. Aside from basic demographic information, all questions on the survey are optional.

Please share this survey within the asexual community so we can get a larger sample, and therefore a more accurate result.

Later, statistical results will be published, providing crucial information about the demographics and needs of asexual-spectrum people. The survey can be accessed here: Ace Community Census

You can keep track of discussions of the survey under the #asexualcensus tag on tumblr and twitter.

note: The Chinese version of the survey is currently in progress, but we will announce when it is ready.

EDIT 11/1/2015: The Chinese version of the survey is now up!

EDIT 12/11/2015: The English survey is closed. The deadline was originally November 15th, but had been extended.

-Aqua-ace, Project Team.

For the relationships page, I think it might be beneficial to add "unsure of partner orientation" because a lot of people don't know explicitly what their partner's sexual orientation is. You might also want to use the phrase "sexual coercion" because the sexual activity page can be slightly confusing. asexuality is also in the whole string of letters for the LGBT+ community (LGBTQQIAP)

Done. :D

Ugh I did the whole thing and then the tab closed before it submitted <_< I'll try it again tomorrow.

nerdperson777

Done!

Done and done! I am looking forward to the results, especially the part about mental health professionals as I have been personally and negatively affected by that!

Should mention that the Spanish version will also be completed shortly.

Done!

One comment though, it's kind of strange that the Chinese version of this census is only available through google docs. Google is blocked in China.

Please make this available through something else, because not everyone here has access to a vpn like I do.

Done

One comment though, it's kind of strange that the Chinese version of this census is only available through google docs. Google is blocked in China.

Please make this available through something else, because not everyone here has access to a vpn like I do.

We are currently looking into this, since it was not a problem that we occurred last year.

Took part! and proud of it! Many "unsure" ones though.. xD had a real hard time with my orientation hahahaha :p cause.. yeh, been having trouble with it lately. I'm so confused!!!!!

Autumn Sunrise

Done :)

One comment: in the question re whom we have come out to, there is no category for children - adult or otherwise. Is there a perception that older aces just "don't tell"? :lol:

Archived