How often do you get THE URGE? (Probably TMI)

Zorc

J. van Deijck

That's somewhat funny, but I used to feel basically no urge at all through my whole life, or rather it's been happening so rarely that I haven't been noticing it. But now when it comes to my relationship, I just feel it almost all the time and it's just something new. :blush:

Black Butterfly

Every 2-4 weeks I get what I would call a twinge, but it is weak and fleeting. Sometimes I say, "I should probably do something about that", but then I forget or can't be bothered. Every 6-8 weeks I feel the need to really do something about it, maybe several days in a row. But I don't want anyone else involved. Other people's touch tends to sap my arousal and be distracting, especially because I feel pressured to act like I'm enjoying it when I'm really kind of annoyed. I can take care of it much more efficiently by myself, with much more enjoyment, and get on with my life.

Queen Under the Mountain

For partnered sex, never.

For masturbation, usually every two or three weeks, but it's weak and not always I act on it. A real and overwhelming URGE I had only once.

Masturbation, pretty much daily. More often shortly after buying a new sex toy. :) And I get turned on regularly when reading fanfic, although I don't think about that when I'm getting myself off. I have a fairly high libido, and I'm okay with that. I rather like it, even. But I don't often get the urge to do anything with a partner. And when I do get that urge I remember that wait, I don't get off from that, so why bother? That gets rid of the feeling fairly quickly.

Bwahaha, my libido is like next to nothing compared to my teens. ....hm, though, even then, I acted on it (masturbation) like...every few weeks? Probably would have been more without the teachings of masturbation being a sin and all.

Like I can go weeks without wanting to masturbate. And anymore I mainly do it for fun, not because of libido...I guess if it was entirely up to libido, I might be able to go without it at all?

Frequency of what I actually do will vary...I guess something like anywhere from a month, to daily.

I get the urge to masturbate about every two weeks or so, but that can fluctuate. I can masturbate without any urge, just as a stress reliever I guess(although I have to be in the right state of mind). I've never felt like I wanted partnered sex.

• 2 weeks later...

If I'm in a relationship with someone I care about, maybe like once a month? Even then, I don't really experience a feeling of needing to have sex because I'm just so turned on by the person--it's more of a desire to be close. When I haven't been in a serious relationship, I've gone for years without missing partnered sex. As for masturbation--a couple of times a week, but I wouldn't really describe it as an "urge." I usually just set some time aside because, you know, it feels good and it's relaxing. I suppose when I go for months without it, I do start to miss it a little, though.

Goodbyeblueyes

I get urges not all that often, but usually if I end up acting on it, it's gone within a few minutes. I find I get more of them when I'm about to get my period. I don't know if other women/people with vaginas experience that as well?

For masturbation, I can honestly go without it. Like I mentioned before, if I do get the urge and it's strong enough for me to act on it, nothing really has time to happen before the moment passes.

If it's for partnered sex, I find a lot more pleasure/enjoyment in foreplay/kissing/cuddling/etc. over actual sex, but I'm a lot more likely to do it with my current partner than anyone else I've dated before. Either I trust him more than other people, or my desire scale has been out of whack recently... Or I'm more demi than I thought? I know he enjoys it, so emotionally, it's pretty cool. Physically, it's nothing grand on my end.

I never feel I absolutely have to masturbate. I don't really know what people mean when they say they have a frustrating libido.

Lord Jade Cross

Havent had the urge for partnered sex so far in life and cant really remember the last time I felt any urge to masturbate.

Solo-action: roughly once every 24 - 72 hours (as a norm; outliers in both directions)

Partnered: just maybe (still somewhat unsure) only once (as in ever)

Like once in 10 days. It's really annoying tbh. I don't mind the urge, but masturbation always feels like a waste of time. It's kind of sickening.

Archived