How often do you get THE URGE? (Probably TMI)

Zorc

So, I was browsing through the internet recently and came across an article claiming that the majority of people do it (Or at least have the urge to) about twice a week... Um, WHAT? O.o" That sounds exhausting. I barely even get horny more than once a month... Surely I can't be the only person that thinks this is a lot?

Mycroft is Yourcroft

My ex partner got THE URGEabout once a day.

I get never get THE URGE. Couple of times per week sounds pretty realistic to me

New Strawberry 8

My boyfriend (he's sexual) gets it on average about every 30 minutes, whereas if the stars align I might get turned on once every 3 or 4 months. And even then it's a quick "Well, what's this feeling?" And then it's gone. :P

FerlynnGoldbeard

I get THE URGE, at most, once a week (and that's a lot). Usually for me it's "okay, let's do this and go on to the next thing." There have been plenty of times where I've just stopped halfway through, though.

I guess my sex drive turns on probably 1-3 times a day for whatever reason. As for an urge to have sex... never. I'm not really sure which you're referring to. I have an active sex drive but I just ignore it and the feeling goes away. Though, if people want to do the deed every time their sex drive turns on then I truly feel sorry for them.

So, I was browsing through the internet recently and came across an article claiming that the majority of people do it (Or at least have the urge to) about twice a week... Um, WHAT? O.o" That sounds exhausting. I barely even get horny more than once a month... Surely I can't be the only person that thinks this is a lot?

Once a month, maybe, if the stars align? Though I know people who seem to get The Urge daily, if not multiple times a day (though they don't always do anything about it, obviously) and I dunno how they even have the energy. :P

I can go multiple months at a time without feeling much urge to do anything or even consider doing anything, and not be bothered, though. And occasionally I'll go through a phase where it's more frequent - I figure hormone fluctuations or something, I dunno.

The urge to herbal? :mellow:

Anyway, assuming you mean outright sex... it's something that I think I would want to try with my partner (once/if we're both ready for it) but I wouldn't really say that I ever have any urge for it. It's sort of in the same sense that I know that a dip in the swimming pool might be enjoyable and relaxing but I never really wake up in the morning thinking "oh man, I totally have to go swimming today"

It varies for me. I can go weeks without getting any kind of urge, or I can get the urge several times in a day.

newMasturbator

Partnered sex, any time I see an attractive woman. I like to compare it to stroking a cat. Whenever you see your cat, you feel the urge to stroke it. Because it is furry and warm and it feels good. Same with touching women.

Solo sex/orgasm: I never feel that urge.

nanogretchen4

Maybe twice a month if the Urge means that I would like to have an orgasm myself. By the time I get into a relationship with someone I'm very attracted to that person. I often have the desire for sex with my partner while having no actual physical urge for it if that makes sense. So, I'd be totally on board with having sex a couple of times a week as long as there's an understanding that I'm not expected to have an orgasm every time.

I think I get the urge about once a week, but it's pretty weak and usually I just ignore it.

It takes too much time for me. And I definitely never get the urge for sex.

allrightalready

far more often than i would like, i would prefer never

WhenSummersGone

If you mean masturbation I probably get the urge to do it once every two weeks.

The urge to herbal? :mellow:

Anyway, assuming you mean outright sex... it's something that I think I would want to try with my partner (once/if we're both ready for it) but I wouldn't really say that I ever have any urge for it. It's sort of in the same sense that I know that a dip in the swimming pool might be enjoyable and relaxing but I never really wake up in the morning thinking "oh man, I totally have to go swimming today"

You just accurately encapsulated my feelings towards sex with a partner using a metaphor involving a swimming pool! ...I think I approve! ^_^

(In relation to just general inclinations-towards-sexy-stuff, I would say maybe once every couple of weeks or so, but not just out of the blue, it has to be induced by something)

The urge to have actually have sex? Pretty much never.

The urge as in when my libido kicks up? Maybe every couple weeks? Even then it's brief and I just tend to ignore it.

El-not-so-ace

If we're only talking about the "itch", usually about once a day. >.<

Maybe once a month or a little less. But I definitely know people who get it multiple times a day.

Hi, is this the urge to have sex? I never get that urge.

Sometimes I get aroused but not very often and it takes quite a lot to achieve that, but even when really excited I still have no drive at all to have sex. In fact if anything the thought of sex turns me off again.

BlueButterflies

I've never had the urge to have partnered sex.

Masturbation on the other hand is maybe 2-3 times a week. Maybe. I don't really pay attention, and if I get turned on when reading fanfiction if I ignore it, it goes away after a few minutes.

The urge for partnered sex? Very rarely. Twice a year maybe.

The urge for sexual release? Once every few weeks(ish). It varies a bit.

The urge for partnered sex? Maybe once every few months, I guess. it sometimes varies.

As for masturbation, maybe once or twice a week, if even that?

Self pleasuring - every other day. Never get the urge with partnered sex...it's exhausting to me. Maybe we're a selfish orientation but I would much rather have my partner and I self pleasure instead of doing the actual act of sex.

Truthfully, I rarely get THE URGE maybe once every few months. I'm usually just pretty content chilling and watching tv after work, so like it just never really comes around I guess.. lol!

I have never wanted to have sex with other people.

As for solo release...way way too much. I hate it, but my drive for that is very very high.
I am currently trying to see how many days I can go without giving in. If I can't get rid of the urge I will develop the discipline to decrease it or flat out tell it "no."

newMasturbator

I wish I had at least some urge to masturbate, but my brain simply does not create it. It leads to problems in partnered sex, when you and your partner want you to cum and you don't.

I wish I was normal, lol.

For partnered sex never. Solo...I dunno. Maybe once every couple of months, though even that isn't a very strong urge.

Archived