I'm asexual . . .

MBlanch96

So, I was just wandering thorugh the internet when I came across the name 'asexual', decided to look it up (I had a vague idea what it was), and realised that everything that was described in various articles and websites is exactly how I feel.

I am 19, and have never been in a relationship or have been attracted to someone in any capacity. I love to read, and have frequent daydreams about being in a meaningful relationship, but have never met someone I'm actually attracted to. I've even thought I may be a lesbian, but realised I more thought about other girls in a 'Man, I wished I looked that good/could pull that off' type of way.

I've been feeling this way for a while, but have never been able to put a name to the feeling. Now I can.

Hi, I'm Morgan and I'm asexual. :D

Hi Morgan, welcome to AVEN ^_^

it's such a good feeling to stumble on that word, isn't it?

I'm 20, and I feel pretty much like you, I prefer girls aesthetically, but I don't feel attracted sexually to any gender :)

Welcome Morgan!

The same happened to me, and I am 56 now! To find a word for "like I am" was a great A-HA experience...

I hope you feel as comfortable as I do here on Aven!

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: Ah, isn't it a great feeling to have that moment discovery?? : ) I'm so glad that you joined this awesome community. You will find lots of people here that are supportive, understanding, and really fun. I hope you enjoy being a member! Best wishes!

recipe-image-legacy-id--587452_11.jpg

Hullo, nice to meet you and welcome to AVEN! :cake: :cake: I'm glad that you have decided to join and thank you for introducing yourself. A lot of people can relate to you and it's pretty awesome to know that there's a whole community of people who can understand each other and know that we are not alone. I hope you enjoy it here and... more cake!

573iSXq.jpg?1

Hi and welcome to AVEN! Glad you found your way here and I hope you love being a member. The people are awesome, so have fun making some new friends!!! :)

uVn3bDJ.jpg?2

SpiffyParadox

Hello, Morgan! And welcome to AVEN! :cake:

Glad you found us! If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask! The community here is kind and supportive :D

Hope you enjoy your time here!

Thanks guys! I feel exactly the same way as you Slytherin (cool name, btw). Aestheticallyprefer girls (and I can appreciate guys at times too), but not sexually attracted to anyone of any gender.

And all the cake is especially welcome :D

Archived