Greetings and all that jazz

ladra

Hello there everyone! Intro threads aren't usually my strong suit but I figured I'd throw one up there just so it doesn't seem like I popped up out of nowhere.

I'm Melissa, also known as ladra online. 26 years old, will be turning 27 this December, and I live in the Chicago area. Currently I'm going to school and working part-time which eats up most of my time. When I have some free time I like to read, cross stitch, and letterbox. Not all at the same time, of course. I just found this community the other day and I'm excited about being here!

May I inquire about letterboxing? I don't think I have heard that before.

And welcome to AVEN!! :cake: ^^.

@Wilbo: Chicagoans unite! Nice to meet you.

@FirstLight: Letterboxing is similar to geocaching, if you've heard of that, only with stamps. Each box has its own stamp (almost always handcarved and therefore one of a kind) that you stamp into your logbook when you find it. Most people record the date and location with the stamp. You also have your own personal stamp that you put in the box's logbook, to record that you were there. It's a ton of fun. I really like having my logbook to look back through and remember all the wacky things we had to go through all in the name of getting a stamp. It's my life goal to get at least one letterbox from each of the 50 states. ^_^

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: Thank you for the intro! I'm glad that you joined. : ) Haha, that'd be quite the talent to be able to cross stitch, read, and letterbox at the same time! Well, maybe someday you will master that! :lol: Anyhoo, I hope that you enjoy being a member here. Best wishes!

pumpkin-cake.jpg

Hi and welcome to AVEN! Thanks for the intro...letter boxing sounds really cool! I bet you will fit right in and I hope you love being a member here...the people are awesome, so have fun making some new friends!!! :)

uVn3bDJ.jpg?2

Hullo, nice to meet you and welcome to AVEN! :cake: :cake: I'm glad that you have decided to join and thank you for introducing yourself. I hope you enjoy it here and... more cake!

446dcb67f789b3199d93ab8e4d3fc33c_chocola

Archived