Interview Survey on an Asexual's Perspective

Penelopea

Hi everyone!

I am Amanda and an undergraduate student majoring in psychology from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. :redface:

For an English class, I am required to interview a community of my choice. I thought about the asexual community because lately I have been questioning my sexuality and thinking about what it means to be asexual, and whether or not I would fit within this category.

This survey is intended to get the perspectives of an asexual person. The questions are supposed to be like an interview, but it is only meant to be a one time thing. There are ten questions in total. Only five are the main questions which need in-depth answers. My goal is to try to get various responses from the survey and use them in my paper. I planned ahead for everyone who participates to be completely anonymous. The questions may sound vague, but I did that in an attempt to not have bias and give you enough room to answer the questions in your own way. So, please don't be worried about whether you answered the questions right or not. I will glady accept your answers no matter what! Also, the questions may not be perfectly worded and may lead to some confusion. I am sorry for that in advanced, but please try to completely answer the all questions until the end!

This assignment is actually due very soon. So, I would highly appreciate every single response I could get from this survey!

Here is the link to the survey: goo.gl/forms/C3xgH6RXFL

I appreciate your thoughts in the comment boxes! Feel free to put concerns, problems, and exceptions below.

And thank you so much for your time!! :cake:

This survey falls under the student exception. I have reviewed the request. I approve of the survey to be advertised on AVEN.

Steph
Dedicated Research Contact

Welcome to AVEN! :cake:

I'd be happy to fill out this survey, but I'm confused about the first two in-depth questions. What do you mean by experiences before and after finding the asexual community? Are you referring to how I felt about my own identity, how I interacted with other people, or something else? And perspective on what, exactly? I have different perspectives on many different subjects.

Also, you might want to avoid saying that someone who is questioning their romantic orientation is "undecided" because that implies a decision, and romantic orientation is not a choice. A better alternative would be "questioning."

Lady Norgard

I'm sorry, I tried to fill this out but the questions are so vague that I don't even know what you're asking

I filled it out as best as I could and I hope I understood the questions correctly!

New Strawberry 8

I'm glad you're doing this. And the questions seem simple and inclusive. :)

"What is your perspective from identifying as an asexual?"

I'm sorry, I don't get what this question means. Can someone please try to say it in other words? :unsure:

Filled it in, thanks

"What is your perspective from identifying as an asexual?"

I'm sorry, I don't get what this question means. Can someone please try to say it in other words? :unsure:

Nevermind, I think I got it. It's getting late here and my brain was refusing to work, but I've answered everything now.

"Thank you for taking your time and responding to the interview! Your response has been recorded."

Fair warning though, I've written pretty long testaments :blush: And now I'm off to bed to get some well deserved rest.

Done! :) I wish you good luck and all goes well.

Welcome to AVEN! :cake:

I'd be happy to fill out this survey, but I'm confused about the first two in-depth questions. What do you mean by experiences before and after finding the asexual community? Are you referring to how I felt about my own identity, how I interacted with other people, or something else? And perspective on what, exactly? I have different perspectives on many different subjects.

Also, you might want to avoid saying that someone who is questioning their romantic orientation is "undecided" because that implies a decision, and romantic orientation is not a choice. A better alternative would be "questioning."

Thank you!

I'm sorry about the fact with how the questions weren't specific enough, and I didn't answer back to you right away. I was trying to keep the questions from having any bias, but they may have them no matter hard I tried.

And thanks for clarifying romantic orientation! I listened to your suggestion and changed it to "questioning" in the survey.

Happily completed the survey, as has been mentioned before me I hope I understood the questions correctly they did feel a little vague. It might just be the phrasing as we are on opposite sides of the pond so hope the answers make sense to you and are helpful. :cake:

It might just be the phrasing as we are on opposite sides of the pond so hope the answers make sense to you and are helpful. :cake:

I believe this may be the case. When I reviewed the survey I'm instructed to look for any issues with explaining/ clarity in the questions. I personally didn't find any myself, and it seems to be 50/50 of those posting in this thread. The wording seems to be throwing people not from North America (Although only a few members had their area publicly displayed) off.

My appologies for overlooking this. I'll take additional care in the future to consider other ways questions might be interpreted.

CosineTheCat

Did it!

Although vaug, it leaves room for you to answer it in the ways that you think it should be answered.

I filled it out! The second question was a bit confusing for me, but the other I asked to the best of my ability. I hope your paper goes well! :cake:

Done! I had some problems with the second question, but the rest were very clear :)

thekittyhawk

Filled it out! I like that. Good luck with your courses ;)

Archived