Being the only on not invite to a party!

I started a new course and I pretty much thought everyone on our table was equally friends , we all met at the same time , and I've talked friendly to everyone , yet everyone was talking and suddenly I found out that one girl was having a birthday party , and she invited everyone on the table .... Except me ,and they were all talking and I was just there feeling kinda awkward , I thought maby she didn't have enough room , but then she mentioned something along the lines how she thinks that there isn't enough people going cause some people couldn't go , and I just felt awkward even sitting there . Has anyone else been not invited to something ?

Yes, and it is hurtful. Maybe you are not on that particular girl's friendship radar, maybe she thinks you wouldn't enjoy it. Maybe it's time to see if there other people to be friends with.

drjohnhwatson

That is the story of my LIFE. Where I work, people are buddy-buddy and say we're a family because there's only...eleven? People who work there including myself and two of the people are the bosses and married to each other. Yet I came to find out that (and this was awhile ago with people who have all since left the restaurant) three girls were having weekend slumber parties with movie night and going out to eat together.

I only found out about it because they planned one of their nights/weekends out with me sitting at the table. One of them took pity and was like "you can come too...if you WANT." It was blatantly obvious it was a pity invite, though.

It hurts, I agree, and there's not terribly much you can DO about it, unfortunately.

Maybe she just genuinely forgot you. If it's only a new course, she could have just missed you off by accident, because she's not familiar with everyone yet.

Try not to let it get you down. :)

The only thing worse than not being invited to a party, is being invited to a party.

People routinely do not invite me to parties, weddings or other gatherings at which there will be a large number of strange people.

I suppose if you actually did want to go to the party, you could make the whole thing out to be a joke. Cue laughs, you are invited. Her guard is now down for you to plot your revenge.

SpiffyParadox

I'm sorry that happened. I can also relate. It's even worse when they finally realize they 'forgot' to invite you only to say that they could only invite a certain amount of people to begin with. Makes one question the friendship. I was even un-invited to a get-together for the same reason...

Pity-invites infuriate me for some reason I can't explain >_>;

Heh, maybe you should throw your own party and not invite them? xD

Nah, but seriously, it'll be okay. A nice time at home ain't so bad. However, if it bothers you too much, maybe you should let the person know how not being invited made you feel, especially since you felt you were all friends.

SorryNotSorry

My best male friend has the opposite problem. He gets invited to parties and all sorts of other events, but he almost always misses out because he'd rather geek around with piddly technical conundrums instead.

But I digress... I likely wouldn't go to parties even if I was invited to them, if I knew they were going to be the kind where everyone is expected to stand around with a drink in their hand and pretend to be someone they're not. Such things are not a productive use of my time IMO.

was there specific invites sent out? Maybe it's one of those parties where people just turn up. They happen all the time at my course. I don't specifically have to be invited, but I'm still more than welcome to go

My last roommate in college (who can probably rank in the Top 10 most horrible roommates of all time) did something similar. However, in my ex-roommate's case, I believe with 99% certainty that she tried to purposely exclude me to try and force me to move out (which failed miserably on her end). Long story short, I'd selected a suite style room where 2 people share a dorm room, and 2 rooms share a bathroom, and put 2 friends in one room and myself and a girl we'd met in the other. However, that girl had to back out because of personal issues, so when that happens, the school calls up someone on the housing waitlist and offers them the spot. In comes the new random girl. Instead of trying to get to know me, this girl would go talk to my friends (the suitemates) and other friends of mine, but never talked to me herself, though she had plenty of time to do so. About a month into the school year, she comes back to the dorm, where I'm lounging on my bed, reading a textbook (no headphones or TV on). She doesn't say anything to me, but proceeds to go change her clothes and with a sickening sweet tone (think Umbridge from Harry Potter) straight out invites my friends to a party she's going to that night while they're in the connecting bathroom. After that she proceeds to go back into our room and leave without even saying a word to me. I mean, really, if you're going to be passive agressive, at least feign interest in trying to be friendly to me. Even if I didn't care to attend, she could have added that to her cards to use and been all "well, I did try to invite you" but then again, she wasn't exactly smart. I later came to the conclusion that she was a pathological liar based on her many actions. Luckily, the girl finally gave up and moved out at the end of the semester.

This takes me back to my elementary school years :') And my middle school years :') And my high school years :') And my current year :') And my future :')

people generally hate me because I have a very high opinion of myself and because I'm incredibly awesome

.diva plavalaguna.

Actually, I used to get invited to parties when I was much younger, but it was like WWIII trying to actually GO lol. And the couple parties I went to, I realized they maybe weren't the best parties for a person like me....I bring a whole new meaning to the term "wallflower."

Most of the parties I've gone to in recent years aren't invitation ones, they're just ones where anyone can turn up. These helped me to finally realize that I should just really not be at parties. I'm a party pooper. ;c lol

Other stuff than parties...I once managed to invite myself to an outing nobody wanted me at. That felt really good when I found out what I had done. :) And in general I guess I hung around too much...apparently it doesn't matter if you're a friend if the other friend is tired of you always being around. Like wtf, excuse me I kinda thought that was the point of friends but I guess I was wrong. :) I must just be different. :) :)

What's a party?:-(

This sucks so much! I usually always get passed over when my "friends" have parties or make plans together.

For my homecomings and proms, I usually wasn't included in the group unless one person asked they invite me! :(

Archived