Got any advice on making a female body more gender neutral ? Naturally ?

booksaremysexlife

Naturally? A haircut wouldn't be bad, first of all. Look gender neutral hair on Google, there are plenty to look at. Maybe use a binder? They make your chest flatter. Just don't wear them at night. Clothes. Find less binary looking clothing. Like plaid or baggy things. You can look on FTM websites for tips and twist them to be less masculine.

I am not sure what you consider natural, but there are hormones you can take if you choose.

I hope that helps. :)

As far as clothing goes, I always go with loose tops or baggy jackets and comfortable/loose bottoms. If you aren't interested in binders, a good sports bra/tank top combo works wonders. A gender neutral haircut is a good idea too, if hair is part of your goal. There's plenty of those to be found that are fabulous without making you look specifically any gender.

Naturally? A haircut wouldn't be bad, first of all. Look gender neutral hair on Google, there are plenty to look at. Maybe use a binder? They make your chest flatter. Just don't wear them at night. Clothes. Find less binary looking clothing. Like plaid or baggy things. You can look on FTM websites for tips and change twist to be less masculine.

I am not sure what you consider natural, but there are hormones you can take if you choose.

I hope that helps. :)

By natural I meant anything that's not surgery, although I probably wouldn't use anything that would make my parents question what I am doing so probably not a binder or pills . But thanks for the advice ! I never would have thought to look on the FTM websites , and as you said I could always tone down the masculine aspects.

As far as clothing goes, I always go with loose tops or baggy jackets and comfortable/loose bottoms. If you aren't interested in binders, a good sports bra/tank top combo works wonders. A gender neutral haircut is a good idea too, if hair is part of your goal. There's plenty of those to be found that are fabulous without making you look specifically any gender.

thanks for the sports bra tank top tip ! I wasn't too bothered with hair , I just keep it plain and shoulder length , which I gues is quite neutral .

If you have a very curvy body, clothes that aren't form fitting can be good. Gender neutral jeans that aren't skinny jeans, in darker colours, and longish unisex shirts that aren't tight, darted, or cinched at the waist. Also, and this is an odd one, but I find a baseball cap is surprisingly neutral.

cherryxcardium

Sports bras are great because they offer extra support and so that's a really good reason to have one if anyone asks.

And most people wouldn't blink if they found a sports bra in a "young woman's wardrobe" now would they??

If you have a very curvy body, clothes that aren't form fitting can be good. Gender neutral jeans that aren't skinny jeans, in darker colours, and longish unisex shirts that aren't tight, darted, or cinched at the waist. Also, and this is an odd one, but I find a baseball cap is surprisingly neutral.

That's cool , because I actually have a base ball cap in my wardrobe that I haven't worn in a while . And it also will protect my skin from sunburn !!

Sports bras are great because they offer extra support and so that's a really good reason to have one if anyone asks.

And most people wouldn't blink if they found a sports bra in a "young woman's wardrobe" now would they??

Yeah , that's is always a good thing , as I am quite a secretive person !

This might sound weird but look for pants in the guys section. I know they don't always fit the curves on some women, but my absolute favorite pair of pants are from the guys section. The sizes are very different in the guys section so it would be a good idea to research what all the sizes mean before you go shopping. Graphic tees also work very well for gender neutral clothing.

Short hair cuts are also a good idea, just know that they grow out really fast. I have to get mine cut much more often since I got a pixie cut.

A few more nit-picky things would be like generic soap/shampoo/conditioner with no scents, binders are always good if you're willing to buy/wear one, and here is an article on how to make your breasts smaller naturally. I wanna add before you go to it that it was written for women who want to lose weight - specifically in the breasts. If that's triggering or a sensitive topic for you, please do not click on the link.

Hope that helps!

Grumpy Alien

Binding and sports bras that are safe. Make sure they fit as they're supposed to and are the proper fabric. (It will depend on whether you're using a sports bra or an actual binder. Don't make your own binder because that's not good on your body.)

Hair hair hair hair!! There are lots of shorter cuts that are completely gender neutral. Find one that suits you and that will really go far - people take a lot of cues from hairstyle, I find.

And clothes. Don't shop in any specific section. Think of the look you're going for and look for those items where you think they'd be. Guys' shirt? Men's section. Women's jeans. Men's jewelry. Unisex shoes. You know. Whatever you want and pay no attention of what section you buy them in. If you're agender, genderless, genderfluid... once you put on clothes, those clothes are for your gender because they're your cloths. They're no longer men's shirts and women's pants. They're your shirts and your pants. There's also some (I know of 1 anyway) online gender neutral shops .

I recommend light fragrances targeted at men. Like a vague scent. If you want any scent. You could go with unscented.

paper flower

Sports bras are a great suggestion. Also think about compression clothing in general. Atheltic compression clothing comes in all forms: long sleeves, sleeveless, shorts, pants, etc. Something like compression shorts can subdue your curves but is not as effective as a binder.

Guys pants are amazing. The pockets alone!

Curious Decay

A short/more masculine haircut, working out to get some muscle tone, keeping weight down, not wearing make up, keeping skin nice and clear...hmm, yeah, these may help, one can think of the look similar to an anime bishounen, they often look fairly neutral.

Shorter hair, using cosmetics to give the illusion of a more masculine appearence (watch youtube tutorials, TONS of them online, you don't need to be a special effects master to learn basic tricks of contouring the face), if you don't want to cut your hair, tie hair back in a low pony tail. Wear baggier clothing and change the way you walk (aka minimize hip movements from side to side motion). Play with voices, see what you can do to make your voice sound deeper, but also a "natural deep" sounding voice (kind of like how Crispen Feeman, a famous voice actor, "magically" has his voice seemingly drop an octave and it still sounds normal).

Thanks everyone for the advice , I will try to take some on , but I'm not planning to go too much to the masculin side , I just want to express my neutralness body wise.

Hair: shortish, but if you live in an urban area, you could get away with slightly longer area because for whatever reason messy man buns are still in--this could work for the weird in between getting a haircut stage.

Shirts: graphic tees, plain unisex tees, nerd tees, hoodies, hoodies, hoodies

Chest: sports bras are ideal, heck, you can even layer two on top of each other without drawing too much attention, although it might be a little uncomfortable for you. Also, check amazon and ebay for ftm compression tanks. They're cheap, they look like normal tank tops (good to wear under hoodies if it's a little warm out), and they are pretty androgynous.

Pants: Old Navt jeans work really well. They're reasonably soft, suitably baggy (in both mens and womens section, I recommend mens), and also won't take a chunk out of your wallet. Also, cuffed sweatpants can work, although they are a bit too casual for some everyday occasions. Also trousers are nice--can work well for men and women therefore suit androgeny well.

Shoes: tennis shoes (sport socks, not ankle socks), loafers, oxfords

Accessories: messenger bag, page boy cap, baseball cap, clunky watch, sports watch, watch with large face, simple leather bracelet if you like bracelets, aviator sunglasses

Voice: on youtube you can find voice deepening exercises if you are worried about having a high pitched voice.

if all else fails, go for simple and classic.

Archived