Really very thoroughly new to this

Starkoss

I'm coming off my third straight relationship where sex (or lack of it) has become an obstacle because she wants it and I feel like a stranger to the concept of wanting it. Early on we were sexually active but it seemed like a bit of a chore to me because I never felt really into it. We've more or less decided it probably isn't going to work out because of this. I miss her a lot. I'm frustrated and confused, but maybe I can find some solace here. I've never felt a sexual attraction to another person, and I've been puzzled for most of my life why sex is treated like such a big deal. Now that I feel like maybe I'm coming to grips with the idea that I'm asexual, it seems like kind of a lonely world out there for people like us.

Maybe being here will help with that.

StrawberryMilkTea

Welcome! I don't know how much of help that I can be, but I'll try~ I hope that you can find support and enjoy your time on this website :)

Hello and welcome, I think you will find many people here who share your feeling about sex.

Hullo, nice to meet you and welcome to AVEN! :cake: :cake: I'm glad that you have decided to join and thank you for introducing yourself. I'm sorry to hear about your relationship. A lot of people here can relate to you. What's really awesome about a community like this is that we can understand each other and know that we are not alone. We're a very friendly and supportive community. I hope you enjoy it here and... more cake!

salted-caramel-cupcakes-4-550.jpg

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: I'm sorry about what has happened in your relationship. : ( But you are not alone!! You are not alone, and being asexual does not mean it will be a lonely world. There are a lot of success stories, and I'm sure you can find someone that will understand who you are and love you no matter what. I suggest checking out the Asexual Relationships section of the forum. : ) You might find some helpful information there. Again, you're not alone, and you'll find a lot of people here that can relate to you. I hope you enjoy being a member. Best wishes!!

Seven-Layer-Delight-Cake.jpg

Wallflowerbaby13

Welcome Starkoss! I hope this community and site are helpful to you. I know it expanded my knowledge and understanding and is a great place to communicate with others!

~side note~ can we stop sharing real pictures of cake? This is depressing me because I don't have cake. And I want the cake whenever there is a real photo. I am in danger of becoming diabetic if I spend too much time on here! ;)

Hi and welcome! Thanks for the intro. It's good that your exploring this possibility for yourself and please know that it doesn't have to mean you'll be alone. It might just take a little longer to find a compatible partner. This is a good place to make some new friends and feel supported too. I'm glad you joined and hope you love being part of this awesome community.!!! :)

rdzbA9M.jpg?1

Wow, I'm touched and even a little speechless.

Im-not-crying-youre-crying-GIF.gif

Seriously, I've been having a pretty un-fun week and found this place, made a profile and threw this thread (a pretty downer of one at that) out there to the winds not really expecting a whole lot. I don't know you guys, and you certainly don't know me from Adam, but for you to offer the encouragement and sympathy you did above is tremendously touching and very appreciated. Better days lie ahead, I'm sure, but you helped brighten this guy's night. Thanks. :)

welcome to AVEN!

i am sorry for your relationship... try to be strong. have you tried to speak again to her? dont give up if you miss her!

you can talk here with people who can help you and give you answers about asexuality. you made the right desicion to come here you will find support

when you want we can communicate i d like to hear you and i hope that everything will be ok! :)

Thanks, lina-gray. There wasn't any animosity to the break up, but we're still in a somewhat awkward period where we're trying to get used to not being a couple. We're still talking, just sort of clumsily.

Archived