Questioning phase

MoraDollie

So for the longest time I thought and was comfortable with the idea of being demisexual. However, I started to really think about myself and now I'm thinking maybe cupiosexual might be a better fit? (not having sexual attraction but desiring a sexual relationship). Outside of my boyfriend, I never think about sex. Seeing sex or erotic dances, I just shrug my shoulders at. I don't find it arousing in the slightest. I don't have sexual fantasies. I'm kinky, but that's as close as I get (bondage, pet play, other BDSM related things).

During sex, I enjoy myself, but I feel like it's a false sense of enjoyment. Like, if this was going on with anyone outside of my boyfriend, it'd be just another physical activity to do. I kind of feel like that now with my boyfriend. I like sex...but not in the way a lot of people outside of the asexual spectrum like sex. This is why I was thinking cupiosexual or graysexual might be more fitting.

What do you think? :)

Maybe cupioflux?

Cupioflux- Desiring and/or liking the idea of a relationship but level of attraction/desire for the relationship fluctuating.
chromanebula

If sex would be just another physical activity to do with anyone but your boyfriend, that suggests demi, yes. But if you like it as an idea, but don't find anyone else appealing...well, then I can see cupio, too. Sometimes I feel the same way. When I try to imagine sex with the guy I currently like, I mentally disengage...but once we were in a relationship and had done other stuff, I might be more open. Plus I call myself demi because of one experience which I think may have been sexual attraction but not sure (because I only wanted to make out and not actually have sex). So, I get being confused about your own feelings. ;)

Archived