Curious Newbie Here

CaptainAce

This may be a silly question, but please humor a confused newbie. How do queerplatonic relationships work? How would one go about initiating one? I'm an aromatic ace who would love to be in a relationship, (odd, isn't it?), but I've given up on romantic relationships since they either want to bed me or go back to being friends. Both really aggravate me since I put my all into personal relationships, and I want to try something new. I guess like so many others here, I'm tired of being alone in all of this.

I'm kinda new to this whole thing. There's still a lot of concepts I don't know yet since I had never heard of them before. I first came across the "queerplatonic" term yesterday, while watching some documentaries on youtube. As far as I can tell, a queerplatonic relationship is something between friendship and love, or at least the traditional definition of love.

I met a guy on the internet. He likes me and I like him, but it's a long distance "relationship" since we are both from different countries.

Also, since I began this journey of getting to know myself better, I have started questioning some things about myself that I used to be sure about and that now I'm not so sure anymore. Sometimes I'm not sure anymore if my perceptions are just changing because I grew up and people are supposed to change a few times on their lives, or if I am trying to force myself to change or at least consider changing some aspects of myself to fit the society standards better. And the thing is, I don't know. I don't know anything anymore. And that makes it kinda hard, for me at least, to have a "relationship" with someone in the more traditional meaning of the word. Also, I am a demiromantic, and obviously we can't hold hands and cuddle over the internet, so we both decided to not have an "official" relationship and just keep enjoying each other's company as we have so far.

Not sure if that would fit a queerplatonic relationship. All I am certain of anymore is that the cake is not a lie :cake:

I looked it up online And the definition of a Queerplatonic relationship seem to refer to a relationship that is stronger and more intense than a friendship yet not necessarily romantic or sexual. It may not involve people who identify as queer.

For an aro ace, I would think that a queer platonic partner would fulfill all companionship needs none of which are sexual or romantic, but they would be free to pursue their unfulfilled companionship needs ONLY (sexual, romantic) outside of the relationship.

I have no idea how to go about finding such a relationship

Archived