Am I Asexual?

osamunagata

I am a male and have had sex with women and have also tried with men - I do not enjoy having sex. I do get stimulated by certain things - for example I masturbate to Japanese pro-wrestling videos. I thought I had a wrestling fetish so tried that as well with no luck. I find certain types of people attractive, but when it actually comes to a physical interaction the attraction and arousement goes away. I force myself to have sex, but I know I dont enjoy it and would prefer masturbating vs intercourse, oral or someone else giving me a hand job. Have others had similar issues?

It sounds like if you don't enjoy partnered sex and don't seek it out, you are very probably asexual.

1 welcome to AVEN.

2 nobody else can tell you if you are asexual. It is a decision you have to make for yourself. Exploring AVEN more may help clarify things, though.

3 sexual attraction and aestetic attraction are different things. look up the difference, it may be helpful for you.

4 sexual drive and sexual attraction are also different things.

If you don't like sex it is likely you are asexual, but only you decide

Masturbation is not a factor in asexuality

There are many forms of attraction - such as aesthetic, sensual, romantic, platonic, sexual - only sexual attraction relates to asexuality.

I have different kinks too and aesthetic attraction to other people, and got to the point that at one time in my life I convinced myself that if I met up with someone based on a mutual kink, that it would help me finally connect with someone sexually. Did not work out that way because as soon as it became a reality my interest became less than nonexistant.

What you describe sounds like asexuality to me but ditto to what everyone else said - it's not for us to say what you are, it's up to you to decide. I think you'll find lots of useful topics on here to help you learn more about yourself and come to a better understanding. Also, we have cake, so there's that.

Thanks for all the replies. Meudwen, your comment about once it becomes a reality the interest goes away is something that I go through and the way you put it makes a lot of sense to me. Thanks.