Do you feel Uncomfortable when People Act Provocatively?

featherliterature

featherliterature

It could be a feeling of repulsion that I feel whenever I watch provocative acts of strip dancing on talent shows and also in music videos where celebrities start flaunting some sexual appeal and I just- Why. Puuuut your clothes back on. Does anyone else feel like this?

allrightalready

sexual acts or things approaching sexual acts (like people eating each others faces off in public) however to me nudity is not about sex it is about comfort and i personally hate clothing so i don't police others bodies or exposure thereof.

Yes. Evererybody can do what they want, but I personally prefer people with their clothes on.

Yeah, it makes me pretty uncomfortable. I mean, I'm not going to try to stop anyone from doing whatever they want (Not that I could anyway) but I'd rather not have to see it.

Yes, kinda uncomfortable, but mostly annoying. I mean, like, really? You absolutely needed that in your music video? You know the point of it is to show off your song/voice not your body, right?

scarletlatitude

Being a female bodied person, I definitely get this. Why is it necessary to use half naked females to sell things? It makes me NOT want to go anywhere near your store.

I don't think I could ever go to a strip club. I tried to watch Magic Mike with some friends and the repulsion nearly repelled me straight out of the house. I didn't find that movie fun at all. Plus the plot was boring... but I guess only an ace would look at a movie like that and complain about the plot, right? :P

I saw a thing online once about a music video where there were half naked men dancing around, and everyone was like woah that's a bit unnecessary, and every female was like yeah imagine seeing that advertised everywhere.

Anthracite_Impreza

God yes, it disturbs me :x

yessssssss D: i can't even begin to explain how uncomfortable it makes me.

Just why? I hate having to avert my eyes, or fast forward, or avoid people/places/things

and if it's not totally repulsive or making me uncomfortable, it's laughable andor boring

featherliterature

All your replies bring warmth to my heart <3 sexuals would probably just be like 'why you complaining dude just enjoy the show' while we attempt to bury ourselves six-feet underground.

Hm... I find people in clothes much more attractive than people without.

Especially in media there are so many female bodies in bikinis or underwear with only one purpose: to show a (half-)naked women. (Ok, to be fair: to make male customers feel good while think of the product/show/music and female customers to compare the're body with them and buy so called "beauty products".)
Yes, I do feel uncomfortable with it.

YES, I have a friend who is basically a walking sex machine, and he flirts like crazy. He flirts with everyone and it makes me super uncomfortable when he flirts with me. But when he isn't flirting with me I actually really enjoy hanging out with him. He is a really nice person even though he looks like a douchey fratty fuckboi. I also remember my friend was dared to give me a lap dance and he when really into it and he even took off my shirt. It was so awkward that I cringe every time I think about it. Just this summer I have to tell my professor not to buy me a lap dance from a stripper because it would be a waste since I'm asexual and it would be extremely unpleasant for me. (My professor is awesome, he takes us to bars and strip clubs lol)

Regardless of what I might think of their 'product' [music vids, cosmetics or Volkswagens], I believe the advertisers & marketers are several steps ahead of us...the consumer! :ph34r:

Not at all.

Sometimes it's kind of funny.

Their lives,their clothes. I don't control their actions. I can only really control my response. I don't let it bother me because it doesn't even matter! I'm chill with whatever they do, it won't change the way I feel.

AS LONG AS ITS NOT ME, then I would be the one asking myself WTF are you even thinking? I'm comfortable with it.

Yes, it sort of does. I avoid a lot of music video for that reason.

To me, half naked women in media feels more demeaning rather than repulsive. If there's no need for naked women, why put them in? It's one thing if it's a movie like Magic Mike (I haven't watched that, just for the record. Probably won't.), but do people really need to see several inches of skin showing just to keep their attention on something? It's almost like media is treating women's bodies like toys. There's so much more to life than seeing naked people.

I rarely watch music videos myself anymore because I dread seeing a bunch of women dancing in bikinis. If I were to ever make a music video, I wouldn't have any naked people or dancing or naked people dancing. I probably wouldn't even have myself it in. It would be something like Sia and David Guetta's "Titanium" video. And don't even talk to me about reality or talent shows. They're like brainwashing.

Generally, what individual people wear don't bother me. If you're the kind of girl who prefers to wear low cut shirts and short shorts, go for it. It doesn't affect anyone but yourself. But naked people dancing in the background of television or music videos, having nothing to do with anything? I'll pass.

Queen Under the Mountain

I find it so funny. Only in two occasions people acted sexually provocatively to me (Magic Mike style) and I laughed so much I embarrassed them, apparently it shouldn't be funny. Magic Mike by the way is one of the funniest thing I ever saw, I can't see a man dancing with little clothing without starts to laugh like a child. But I find it funny because it is so nonsense, it is a "why the hell are you dancing to me looking like this? Am I supposed to be feel seduced? Really? You must be kidding " funny. I think that's why they were so embarrassed.

Anaconda by Nick Minaj makes my day, it's hilarious.

You know, this is something I've been questioning. I've always been uncomfortable with sex scenes or someone doing something really sexy/sexual on screen, but it has less to do with being repulsed by it, and more to do with finding it ultra embarrassing. I can't help but feel embarrassed for the person(s) invovled. I have no idea why. I see nothing wrong with expressing oneself sexually however they chose, and I strong encourage the idea that we need to be less prudish as a society (not as individules, but if someone wants to be less modest in dress/mannerisms/likes, than society itself needs to be OK with it, the same if someone wants to be extremely modest. Society needs to let people just be.)

I like knowing a couple I'm rooting for had sex, but I don't like watching it happen, I guess is what I am getting at about being uncomfortable.

It must just be me, but until someone burst the bubble of innocence I genuinely never twigged that all these music videos were mimicking sexual movements.

IRL I'd never notice if someone was behaving that way towards me, so it's never caused a problem, unless maybe the player has wondered what they were doing wrong to be ignored totally

It doesn't really bother me. I know I can get up and get food while its going on and not miss anything important :P

The Green Aro

Queer under the Mountain you are exactly the same as me hahahaha

It makes me so, SO uncomfortable, ugh. I have this friends group right, and they are obsessed w/ making out, sex, "getting it", whatever. And every single time there's a group hang they start to make out with eachother and I'm the only one sat there doing nothing and basically wanting to die? They don't seem to understand it grosses me out even though I've said it makes me feel weird. I'm ok with kissing, but only when it's romantic/comfort? Not for the sake of it.

If it's aimed towards other people: No. If it's aimed towards me: YES!

Oh man, yes. Although also to some extent PDA stuff, too. Like, you do you, but could you not actually, you know, DO each other where I can see it? I really don't want to know that you can get your tongue that far into someone else's mouth or your hand down her pants or whatever.

In media in general it's mostly like 'omg, really? Why is this here? This is not helping the story any, BORING. Are you done yet? Now? Now? How about now?'

Oddly, some stuff like stripping/pole dancing/burlesque I mind LESS than stuff like excessive PDAs, because I can view it as a style of dance/art form/athletic activity and appreciate it for those aspects and just kind of ignore the things that are supposed to be sexy. Like instead of 'ooh, look at her humping that pole' it's 'wow, that's impressive arm strength.'

When it comes to people acting provocatively at me specifically? I don't go home and cry or anything, but uncomfortable isn't a strong enough word. Straight up anxious is probably a better descriptor.

Archived