#AceDay Returns November 26, 2015!

ARareSpark

I am happy to announce that the Revised Ace Day will take place on November 26, 2015, which is also International Cake Day (seems appropriate for the ace community). This will be the date for all future Ace Day events.

After all of the issues surrounding the first AceDay event on May 8,2015, I have decided to move this event to November 26, which places it away from the observances of other groups. I've also re-vamped the process of participating so as not to be so restrictive as the previous event.

For background and statements regarding this event, please see my website.

tumblr_nurttsLc7K1teq6zko1_540.png

So, here’s the plan:

• The original method of classification via the 4 ace cards is gone. Instead, participants may pick any ace card they wish, whether it be traditional suits, tarot, or otherwise. It’s completely up to you, so make it your own as an expression of yourself! Pick your own ace card and tell us why it’s special to you!
  • In addition to your ace card, include a personal message, story, artwork, or whatever you want to express in reference to your orientation(s). Show the world who you are as an ace!! Emphasis on intersectionality is highly encouraged. This is an opportunity to highlight gender, race, religion, disabilities, and other communities that intersect with asexuality!
  • For those who will be offline on the day of the event, feel free to either queue your posts on your own blog, submit them to me for posting (either via tumblr or by e-mail - sara@theasexualityblog.com), or submit them to theacedayposts blog on Tumblr.
  • The acedayposts blog will also be reblogging various posts on the day of the event if you’d like to follow it and see what’s going on. All of the TheAsexualityBlog social media accounts will be sharing posts as well!
  • Various social media platforms will be included moreso this time around. We’ll make another attempt at trending on Twitter and have even more focus on Facebook and Instagram!
  • The official tag/hashtag across all platforms will be #AceDay
  • A series of Google Hangouts (some on-air) will be available to connect with each other on the day of the event as well.

At least it'll be more interesting than Thanksgiving which in the US is on the same day. :)

Agreed! I figure checking out Ace Visibility has got to be tons more fun than dealing with judgmental relatives, right?

GwendolynAngel83

So choose a card you feel represents you for any reason (a card of any kind) and explain why it fits you? And are we sharing this wherever?

(is it sad that some of the first cards that came to mind for me were yugioh and pokemon cards ^^' )

So choose a card you feel represents you for any reason (a card of any kind) and explain why it fits you? And are we sharing this wherever?

(is it sad that some of the first cards that came to mind for me were yugioh and pokemon cards ^^' )

The idea is to use an ace card, for instance an ace playing card (hearts, spades, clubs, diamonds) or Tarot (wands, swords, cups, pentacles, I think). But, the idea is to have it represent you, so make it your own!

I'll be monitoring Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook, AVEN, and Instagram myself, but this time the event is not restricted to specific platforms. Post it/share it wherever you like! If you do, though, would you mind sending me a link or e-mailing me a photo to sara@theasexualityblog.com so I can see it? I won't post it anywhere without your permission.

:)

GwendolynAngel83

Ah, makes sense :) I'll have to dig around to find something to use. I'll be more than willing to share the link of what I post with you and I don't care if you share it really :) (We'll see how my mother responds to me putting anything up XD)

Ah, makes sense :) I'll have to dig around to find something to use. I'll be more than willing to share the link of what I post with you and I don't care if you share it really :) (We'll see how my mother responds to me putting anything up XD)

Good luck!! I can't wait to see it!

GwendolynAngel83

Main problem might be that I'd mostly be posting in facebook so not sure how well you'll be able to see it. Maybe I'll post it in twitter as well, though I have 0 other posts there X)

Main problem might be that I'd mostly be posting in facebook so not sure how well you'll be able to see it. Maybe I'll post it in twitter as well, though I have 0 other posts there X)

I don't know if it's possible to tag FB posts, but if it is, I might be able to follow the #AceDay tag, or you could tag The Asexuality Blog FB page in your post or a comment if you wanted.

I am interested but new to the subject can you tell me more? Maybe you need a more seasoned asexual? You can also get me on Facebook...ElizabethSSharp (Chico California) or lovestrong1978@gmail.com

I am interested but new to the subject can you tell me more? Maybe you need a more seasoned asexual? You can also get me on Facebook...ElizabethSSharp (Chico California) or lovestrong1978@gmail.com

Hi! You can find all pertinent information regarding this event on my website: www.theasexualityblog.com/ace-day.html

I don't get it, what was wrong with the last one? We could have kept the day and changed the rules, if that was the problem. I'm just wondering why everyone seems to be saying Ace day was problematic.

I don't get it, what was wrong with the last one? We could have kept the day and changed the rules, if that was the problem. I'm just wondering why everyone seems to be saying Ace day was problematic.

The last one was too close to Trans Day of Visibility, that's why we changed the date to much later in the year. This November date will be the permanent date for all annual events.

You can see all of the background and statements regarding Ace Day on my website: www.theasexualityblog.com/ace-day.html

• 2 weeks later...

This is a good idea. I hope I remember the day.

nerdperson777

My birthday is Ace Day? Alright! I particularly like diamonds but not red. I'm fine with Ace of Spades for being aro.

I follow and often reblog things from The Asexuality Blog. :)

Sounds like fun! :) Shall definitely be posting on Nov. 26th.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a reminder that this is coming up! Now that AAW is done, I'll be focusing on this!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new in this website (recently discovered my asexuality).

I think it's a good idea to match cake day and Ace day. But please don't change it more (26th of November is a perfect day): I think it will be more efficient to have it always on the 26 th, so we could start to plan annual acts around the world, and make it more visible (and easy to follow for us and also for the media).

I don't know if I will participate (maybe I'm busy studying/working and don't remember until the end of the day... I once forgot about my own birthday haha).

Do you know if there is something planned in Spain?

I need to remember this, I would like to represent asexuality some more in my town, even though no one knows what asexuality is.

My birthday is Ace Day? Alright! I particularly like diamonds but not red. I'm fine with Ace of Spades for being aro.

Certainly makes it easy to remember too. ;) Usually my birthday is one of the most boring days of the year, and this year it actually falls on one of the most boring Am. holidays on the calendar. (Which is why I celebrate Doctor Who day (23 Nov) with a great deal more relish.)

nerdperson777

Certainly makes it easy to remember too. ;) Usually my birthday is one of the most boring days of the year, and this year it actually falls on one of the most boring Am. holidays on the calendar. (Which is why I celebrate Doctor Who day (23 Nov) with a great deal more relish.)

Doctor Who Day is my (also ace) apartmentmate's birthday. :P She is so crazed about it and all things scifi. I watched 2.5 seasons, didn't get into it.

Doctor Who Day is my (also ace) apartmentmate's birthday. :P She is so crazed about it and all things scifi. I watched 2.5 seasons, didn't get into it.

It's not for everyone. I've been addicted since I was 14 though (that's 1984, not 2005 ;)).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ARareSpark! I have a twitter account for raising awareness about asexuality (mainly in spanish). So what I thought for Ace Day is tweeting information about asexuality the whole day (in both Spanish and English) in a humble attempt to make #AceDay a TT :P I've already queued a bunch of tweets in case I can't be online, mainly interesting articles and videos with general information, and resources where people can learn more about asexuality. I thought it'd be cool if more people joined me in sharing information, but I don't know if as the organizer you agree on using the hashtag this way, or should we just focus in the ace cards?

That's a fantastic idea!! AceDay is mainly a project to bring the community together and find each other, but Ace Awareness (especially in non-English languages) is always welcome. Please feel free to use the hashtag for that, I'd be honored.

Hi ARareSpark! I have a twitter account for raising awareness about asexuality (mainly in spanish). So what I thought for Ace Day is tweeting information about asexuality the whole day (in both Spanish and English) in a humble attempt to make #AceDay a TT :P I've already queued a bunch of tweets in case I can't be online, mainly interesting articles and videos with general information, and resources where people can learn more about asexuality. I thought it'd be cool if more people joined me in sharing information, but I don't know if as the organizer you agree on using the hashtag this way, or should we just focus in the ace cards?

If you want to give me the Twitter account name, I'll promo it for you on the blog. :)

Archived