Lesbian Bed Death

Neoko

So, I'm homoromantic and Asexual. Is it weird that I'm strangely excited about lesbian bed death? Like, that means to me that I can explore my partner sexually for a brief period of time, and then it can just stop. I mean, as long as it doesn't stop due to a diffusion of love, I think it's an ideal thing. My compromises usually just consist of doing whatever my partner wants, so it's kind of nice that there's an expectation or a stereotype of the community that it just goes away after a while. I think, if it doesn't though, that I'd have to work on my compromises, like trading sex for back rubs or something.

what is lesbian bed death?

The fact (or legend depending on who you ask) that lesbian couples stop having sex after being together for a while

On topic, I don't know if you should expect it necessarily but if it happens it will definitely not be an issue for an asexual in the couple.

I consider it fact, but... you shouldn't be too excited about it... it's generally considered a bad thing, not a good thing, so unless both partners are like "woo, no more sexual affection!" it's going to cause problems.

I mean, in my last relationship we stopped having sex, which was a disaster, because she was aromantic, and the main reason I put up with/wanted sex was because it was the only time she showed me affection. But that relationship was just toxic in general.

What I'm hoping for is just a natural ending to sexual relationships. Like "Hey, do you wanna have sex?" "Nah," "Me neither, let's cuddle instead"

I'm just saying that I've not necessarily witnessed a relationship where both parties were like "nah, me either, let's cuddle instead". But who knows, right, you could stumble into it! :)

nerdperson777

Well, I could use my parents as an example, but it's not really a good one. I've never seen my parents express affection to each other. Only after I told my parents last year that I didn't feel that I was getting any from them, did my dad start joking around by calling mom honey and making her laugh. But I was told yesterday by my cousin that at some point they did like each other. This is one where a couple don't even do anything together besides talk about taxes and insurance things when needed so it's kind of half?

littlepersonparadox

Some people think lesbian bed death is actually a misnomer becasue couples going through periods of not having sex is not exclusive to lesbians. Some lesbians have pointed out that they never go trough so called "Lesbian bed death". So really a natural pause in sexual relations and if it even happens at all isn't dependent on the sex(s) or genders of the couple.

Archived