It's odd, but I want to be someone's pet

Katalyst13

It's not that I want to be treated like an animal, really. Though being in the furry community opened me up to the idea of being someone's pet.

It's just that I do want companionship, a special someone if you will. But I don't want romance. I want to be held, cuddled, even kissed, just nothing beyond that.

Is this weird? Does anyone else feel this way?

Like a good number of things out there in the world: it's not to everyone's tastes and interests but it's definitely not weird.

nerdperson777

That's not weird at all. I'd totally be. Currently I'm my friend's son. You may want to look into sensual attraction or a queerplatonic relationship?

Grace Barton
You mean as a furry with a human companion, and not a furry with another furry, or with a dominant furry?

Sadly, no. A friend of mine did once try to encourage me into the furry community years ago (I enjoyed wearing kitty ears and tails, and many of the characters I design are kemonomimis) but it wasn't something I connected with. I had a frightening experience as a child so the idea of being a 'pet' is a definite no-no from me.

But if it's something you want to explore, you should go for it.

IvoryStardust

I'm actually on the opposite side of this - I want a "human pet".

You mean as a furry with a human companion, and not a furry with another furry, or with a dominant furry?

It doesn't really matter if the other person is a furry or even sees me as a furry. It's just that being a pet seems like it would be nice.

I can't say I feel the same way, but I don't think that's weird in the slightest. Until recently I thought I was one of maybe a couple of hundred of people in the world who didn't give a damn about sex, so I highly doubt you're the only person who feels the way that you do. It's probably not something people will advertise right away, but you can definitely find others with compatible desires :) I know it might be hard to believe, but seriously don't lose hope!

I'm not into the furry community, but I understand the sentiment and don't think it's a weird desire at all. I was even thinking the other day that my cats have it great, just cuddling on soft things and being loved all day...I'd be all over that. *dons cat ears*

I'm pretty sure that's a specific type of dominant/submissive relationship. So yes, it's not too common, but it definitely exists and it definitely also happens to other people as well. As you can see from this thread, others want the exact opposite - it's only a matter of finding the right fit for you :)

El-not-so-ace

What I always say is that if pets lived 40+ years, that I'd never be lonely again! :P But humans live longer and can be communicated with a little more easily. I say, if you like being someone's pet, why not? :) We only live one life. Might as well live it out happily!

A Member Once Known As tqz

Seems like there is lot more to being a pet, and a lot of it would be to do with someone else making decisions for me. In a way, that would sort of be like delegating some decision making to someone else, like to an agent or a personal secretary. On the other hand…

Would I have to accept someone else's decision on whether I get to be inside a house, even when it's raining? What about possessions, would I have to just accept whatever someone gives or takes away from me? Will someone else be responsible for my nutrition and provide food and water? Would I have food when I want it or only when someone else can spare time to give it? Come to think of it, this is sounding an awful lot like what people considered to be homeless end up experiencing, and they don't seem to get taken care of very well by their communities. Funny how it usually works out much better for animals as pets… Rather, it seems to me like it does work out better.

Well, okay, more experiences of a pet… When outside, would I as a pet have someone following me and picking up any fecal matter I deposit along the way? Would I need to get used to dragging my butt on the ground on the occasion of incomplete detachment of solid bodily wastes? Would someone ensure when I dispense liquid bodily wastes that it's on only acceptably urinatable objects? Or, since I'm a person who knows how to make use of toilets, would I be allowed inside to use the toilets? Arg! This still sort of sounds too similar to what people are faced with when homeless. Yet, pets have bodily waste matter, too, so it is part of being a pet.

A bit differently, some pets live a life in a cage, and that is like having a room. In that case, being a pet would be like being a roommate.

Hmm, okay, how about leashes? As a pet, would I get to decide on whether I am leashed, or would that be decided by someone else? Will I be allowed in restaurants, even if I'm wearing only a harness and nothing else? Or will I have to wear a shirt and shoes, too?

I guess what I'm wondering is how much of being a pet are we talking about? If I choose only the experiences that I like and exclude those that I don't want, then am I still being a pet? Especially if such decision making might not be what a pet would be allowed to do?

Perhaps if knew something about being a pet in the “furry community”… But I can't really connect what you say you want with being a pet unless it matches the life of a pet, and of course such a life is limited to what I've observed myself. I'm thinking it's definitely a different relationship, there are much different experiences happening. Hmm, maybe what you're talking about is just simply being a family member or a friend? What you said you want sounds like that to me.

So with that in my mind I guess I'd say “yes”, having friends and family seems fine for me.

El-not-so-ace

Wow, that was very thought out! I think that, in regards to whether the pet would listen or not could depend on what animal they are based off of? Because if a cat doesn't want to do something, there's no way someone can force it unless tricking it with hundreds of treats. :P

Seems like there is lot more to being a pet, and a lot of it would be to do with someone else making decisions for me. In a way, that would sort of be like delegating some decision making to someone else, like to an agent or a personal secretary. On the other hand…

Would I have to accept someone else's decision on whether I get to be inside a house, even when it's raining? What about possessions, would I have to just accept whatever someone gives or takes away from me? Will someone else be responsible for my nutrition and provide food and water? Would I have food when I want it or only when someone else can spare time to give it? Come to think of it, this is sounding an awful lot like what people considered to be homeless end up experiencing, and they don't seem to get taken care of very well by their communities. Funny how it usually works out much better for animals as pets… Rather, it seems to me like it does work out better.

Well, okay, more experiences of a pet… When outside, would I as a pet have someone following me and picking up any fecal matter I deposit along the way? Would I need to get used to dragging my butt on the ground on the occasion of incomplete detachment of solid bodily wastes? Would someone ensure when I dispense liquid bodily wastes that it's on only acceptably urinatable objects? Or, since I'm a person who knows how to make use of toilets, would I be allowed inside to use the toilets? Arg! This still sort of sounds too similar to what people are faced with when homeless. Yet, pets have bodily waste matter, too, so it is part of being a pet.

A bit differently, some pets live a life in a cage, and that is like having a room. In that case, being a pet would be like being a roommate.

Hmm, okay, how about leashes? As a pet, would I get to decide on whether I am leashed, or would that be decided by someone else? Will I be allowed in restaurants, even if I'm wearing only a harness and nothing else? Or will I have to wear a shirt and shoes, too?

I guess what I'm wondering is how much of being a pet are we talking about? If I choose only the experiences that I like and exclude those that I don't want, then am I still being a pet? Especially if such decision making might not be what a pet would be allowed to do?

Perhaps if knew something about being a pet in the “furry community”… But I can't really connect what you say you want with being a pet unless it matches the life of a pet, and of course such a life is limited to what I've observed myself. I'm thinking it's definitely a different relationship, there are much different experiences happening. Hmm, maybe what you're talking about is just simply being a family member or a friend? What you said you want sounds like that to me.

So with that in my mind I guess I'd say “yes”, having friends and family seems fine for me.

Like I stated before, I don't think I'd want to be treated like an animal. Other than maybe wearing leashes and such. In my ideal situation, my owner would more or less give me freedom other than at home. Though I may be leashed in public at times, I'd be alright with that.

I've been a pet to several people online, and I love it. I dunno if I'd even have the same feelings about it in reality, but I still wanna give it a shot.

I think I get what you mean. I don't know that I would want to be an actual pet if I were not an animal, but the idea of a relationship similar to that of a pet and owner sounds quite agreeable. I would like to have a person that I could sit with and be around without a lot of awkwardness getting in the way. I wouldn't have to worry about "sending the wrong signals" or anything, and, really, I wouldn't mind someone else making some of the decisions about my life. I don't care what I eat, as long as I eat something, and I don't really care what we do, as long we occasionally do something. It would take a lot of stress out of life. It's really quite a nice idea. Too bad I don't know the spell for transformation.

• 2 weeks later...

Not weird at all I feel the same way actually. Having someone's lap to lay across while you're watching a movie, just being stroked on the head is wonderful.

Archived