Are you a cat or a dog person, or both?

Vanase

I would be both if I wasn't allergic to cats. So I will forever be a dog person.

I love both. Living in apartments the last several years, I have had only cats. I have 2 and love them very much.

I'm not really an animal person at all but if I had to choose, I'd choose cats over dogs. :D

Dog person.

Though, technically, I am allergic to both it never bothered me a child with our family Cockerspaniel.

If I ever get another dog, I kinda would like to get a malamute, I think those are beautiful dogs...but I can't help but think that raising a dog with that Heavy of a coat in the heat of west texas would be selfish and cruel.

Both ! I like all kinds of pets, not just cats and dogs, to the extent where I even sometimes call my numerous potted plants my "pets" too :D

I've had a fairly bad phobia of dogs for as long as I can remember; I've no idea what my opinion of them would be if I weren't fighting through terror every time I look at them.

I like cats, though. Cats are pretty cool. There's a decent chance I'd be more of a cat person than a dog person anyhow.

I also like rodents (particularly the more clever ones, such as rats and squirrels), lizards, snakes, and some spiders. I tend to think that most animals can be interesting. Most of the pets that I've actually had have been hamsters, gerbils, or rats, although I did have a cat when I was young who I was very fond of and still miss at times. Unfortunately, although most of my family members like cats, most are also allergic to cats, so it's not a good idea for me to have one.

Squirrel Combat

I'm more of a cat person. But dogs are cool, too. But I tend to like smaller dogs then, like Dachshunds, Terriers, and Pugs. But still, I like cats just a little more.

I am a bird person. Next to that a lizard person. But both dogs and cats are nice - probably rather have a cat if I had to choose, though.

SorryNotSorry

Definitely a cat person. Dogs are too rambunctious for me.

UncommonNonsense

Cats. Absolutely! I have a big orange ball of love named Artie, and he velcros himself onto me at every opportunity. He is the closest thing I will ever have to a child, and I swear he knows that. He knows how to get around my hard-ass tendencies like its a game. He follows me around like a second shadow, and if I sit down, he claims my lap instantly. He's also quite smart, and he can do a few tricks, like playing fetch with his toys, sit and stay on command, and going to his cat bed right before I feed him. I taught him the last one after nearly falling over him when he wove around my feet while I was trying to feed him. A fall could really cause me problems, since I've already broken a few of the bones in my spine and it isn't as strong or stable as it should be. So I taught him to go to his bed and wait for me to set his food down. He picked it up in three feedings.. a day and a half. Smart boy.

Barking dogs will set off my sensory integration issues big time, so I'm not really a dog person. Also, dogs tend to mouthe things and drool.. I can't stand drool and don't want to touch anything that has been drooled upon. My Mum has a dog, but he is unusually well behaved and isn't a mouther or drooler.. He only barks when someone comes to the door or startles him, and he'll stop as soon as Mum or I acknowledge him. So he's easier to live with than most dogs and I like him.

Although, my favourite pets are rats. I have one elderly girl now. Her sister and cagemate passed a few months ago, and Violetta is too frail to cope with a rambunctious new addition in the form of a young rat, so I just do my best to give her lots and lots of extra attention. I've had pet rats since I was 15. Way more than half my life now. They never fail to amaze me with their intelligence, problem-solving ability, complex emotions, depth, and even compassion. I've had rats that cared for an ill cagemate by bringing food, grooming them, and clearing away soiled bedding before I could do it myself. I've even seen one rat assist another through birthing. And I've seen them mourn desperately when a cagemate dies. I am convinced that rats also have a sense of humour. They really do astound me.

In our house, the animals outnumber the humans. And that's the way we like it.

cats. except for blond Labs, who are just angelically sweet and beautiful.

Tiny dogs...just awful. I live in an apartment house around some tiny little things with the exopthalmic bugeyes and needle-sharp barks who constantly jump around and leave little squirts of urine in the halls.

Anthracite_Impreza

Dog, never really liked cats and they seem to feel the same way.

Cats, I have a phobia about dogs, after being bitten on the eyebrow aged about 6.

My favourite pets are rabbits, though

J. van Deijck

I'm definitely a cat person. I've never been much into dogs for several reasons. I have two cats and I love them <3

WhenSummersGone

Both but I like cats more. Hamsters are my favorite.

Cats. ^_^ Never owned dogs and just not keen on it when they keep jumping at you, sniffing, etc. Some make me nervous as well. My cats get a lot of devotion!

VindicatorPhoenix

I'm truly a cat person, but dogs are nice too! :)

I love them both really. But you have to be the "chosen one" a lot of the time with Cats to receive their affections (well this is in my own experience with cats, this is in no way a general fact) so I find I would have to be a dog person. Big, furry, protective and ahhh~ I want one!

I'm definitely a cat person, but I also like dogs.

Dog person.

Though, technically, I am allergic to both it never bothered me a child with our family Cockerspaniel.

If I ever get another dog, I kinda would like to get a malamute, I think those are beautiful dogs...but I can't help but think that raising a dog with that Heavy of a coat in the heat of west texas would be selfish and cruel.

Oh the pains of allergies. = (

Malamutes are gorgeous, but I'm in the same boat as you where they would probably die if I were to walk them in the Florida heat. I'll probably stick with a Shiba Inu or a German Shepherd when I get a dog. The coats are thinner.

Cats, without question.

I don't mind dogs, but I prefer cats. The dog owners I know never bothered to train their dogs properly. My friend has a Pomeranian that she's never taught not to jump at people, so when you walk in it's a battle to get anywhere because the dog's jumping and scrabbling trying to get at your face. I've gone there a number of times dressed to go out and always come away covered in paw prints and scratches. I can't sit because the moment I do the dog's in my face... or on the back of my head. I also don't like being slobbered on. My sister has a Chihuahua puppy that currently gets so excited to see people that he pees himself. So again I won't sit or have the dog on me because I do not want to be covered in pee. (I will be dog-sitting said puppy for nearly three weeks - it WILL be trained by the time I'm through.)

Dogs are alright (if they're not too big), but I've always preferred cats! More independent, clean themselves and I love to cuddle them :D

TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

I like both pretty equally.

The Maple Leaf Forever

Puppies?...YAAAAAY!!! <3 <3 <3

I am such a dog person. I have a major weakness for them. German Shepherds are my favorite breed, but I also have a major weakness for cute little breeds, especially PUGS! <3

I do like cats too, though. Unfortunately, I don't have the right conditions for keeping any pet at present.

Definitely cats (I'm allergic though).

I just don't like dogs.

Archived