We Have 30 Human Rights.

DannyFenton123

DannyFenton123

(Kind of a loud song but very thought-provoking)

Were you taught that in school? I wasn't; heck, I didn't even know that they'd properly written it up!

Any opinions on this?

Sparrows Fart

Dave is probably one of my favourite people on YouTube. However, some of the stuff he mentions (finances, stock market, current events, getting a job, etc.) I was taught in school. Although however, we were never taught anything about our human rights, how it is defined in the nations constitution, and what some of the lesser known enforced laws are.

My favourite line in the song is probably "because abstract maths was deemed more important than advice that could literally save thousands of lives, but it's cool because now I can tell if the number of unnecessary deaths caused by that choice is prime." All round, it's a very poignant song that raises many questions about the current state of any country's education system.

DannyFenton123

Dave is probably one of my favourite people on YouTube. However, some of the stuff he mentions (finances, stock market, current events, getting a job, etc.) I was taught in school.

However, my favourite line in the song is probably "because abstract maths was deemed more important than advice that could literally save thousands of lives, but it's cool because now I can tell if the number of unnecessary deaths caused by that choice is prime."

My favourite line too :D

I wasn't taught ANY of this stuff, and I'm in highschool! Sure, I can recite the Preamble of the Constitution, but the most shocking thing I found was that we have 30 Human Rights; that's pretty damn important! It makes me angry.

That's really great that you learned that, though! :D

Blue Phoenix Ace

Oh yeah I watched that one a while back. He makes some very valid points. Unfortunately, the education system as it is now, groups students into classes that are simply too large. In order to make the kind of reform he'd like to see, you would need to hire a lot more teachers to bring down the student:teacher ratio. You'd also need to tailor each student's curriculum throughout high school in a manner closer to how it's done in college.

Is that ever gonna happen? It seems that the system is broke (as in has no money). They barely pay the teachers here in the US. Higher salaries might attract and/or demand teachers that have higher credentials. Raising salaries while also hiring more teachers would be doubly costly.

Unless we can devote much more money to the education system, and siphon away from things like military which might leave us undefended, it just isn't going to happen.

Also, I love Boyinaband being a fellow music producer. His videos are often quite insightful. ;)

Archived