Books and Essays about Asexuality?

CatastropheCat

CatastropheCat

Hey, does anyone know of any good books that have to do with asexuality - whether fiction or nonfiction. I love reading and I feel like I'd be able to connect with my sexuality better if I learned more about it through reading. Plus it'd be so interesting to see other people's perspectives and read different studies! If you have any websites that have good recommendations, I'd love to hear about those too :)

CosineTheCat

Hello there!

You should check out this page, The Asexual Bookshelf!

I'm also creating an Asexual Research Bookshelf too, but I have yet to get all the information together on that one, but that one should be ready in the next month or so.

somethingrandom

Ace and Proud featured on the AVEN homepage is amazing - it's a compilation of peoples' stories about how they realised they're asexual. It costs £2 and so worth it

Blue Phoenix Ace

Somewhat related is "Singled Out" by Bella DePaulo. It's about discrimination against people who are single, aka "singlism". I highly recommend it for the aromantics out there.

Blue Phoenix Ace

Also, it's listed in the bookshelf but I read:

• The Invisible Orientation - Julie Sondra Decker

It really opened up my eyes to the whole subject. She can be a little repetitive, but that's better than not saying enough.