Am confused... what does it mean?

AceInArkansas

AceInArkansas

I am an asexual who identifies as sex-repulsed because the though of having sex really turns my stomach.

However, I find the physical body of a male aesthetically pleasing. It's not that I want sex with them, I just enjoying looking. Does that mean that in actuality that I am not sex-repulsed? All the labels that we have given ourselves have me really confused as to what is what.

GwendolynAngel83

There is absolutely no reason that you can't be sex repulsed and still find the body astetically beautiful. Bodies don't gave to be sexual, culture just tries to make them that way.

There are 6 types of attraction. They're all typically felt with romantic attraction (and why there can be confusion between attractions) but aren't needed to make it valid. Other than romantic attraction, obviously, they can all be felt platonically, separately and in different combinations.

• Sexual attraction is the impulse/urge/compulsion to have sex with a specific person; to do genital involving things to their body. In sexual people this desire is typically triggered by someone’s presence being sexually arousing.
  • Romantic attraction is an emotion so it doesn't translate well into words, but it can be inadequately put as soft/fuzzy feelings with some degree of fixation (at least in comparison to how one is normally with other people). Some people react to it with butterflies in their stomach, dreamy mind set, increased heart rate, limerence, etc., and others don't.
  • Aesthetic attraction is the pull to look at someone because of their looks and or mannerisms. It's different from recognizing good looks/what is aesthetically pleasing.
  • Emotional attraction is the fixation on someone because of their emotions (their optimism, stoicness, etc.), and by extent personality. I would compare it to having a favorite character or admirance.
  • Sensual attraction is the urge to have non-genital physical contact. Platonically displaying this above the norm qualifies as a type of queerplatonic relationship (QPR). I would compare it to how many people have the urge to act toward their pets. Though this term is typically applied to other humans. There are 3 forms of sensual attraction; platonic, romantic (which only differ by chaste kissing), and sexual (in the sense that it’s done for sexual arousal, not because it includes sex/genital contact --and it’s still under the asexual umbrella as a kink).
  • Platonic attraction (aka a squish; a play on the romantic word crush) is the strong urge to know or befriend someone.
  • And it's possible to find someone charming without romantic attraction. (look up charming's definition for further clarification)
  • It's also possible to have queerplatonic feelings for someone; to emotionally feel platonic but have the characteristic(s) associated with a romantic/sexual relationship. It can be an importance/closeness stronger than the best friend norm, displaying platonic sensual attraction above the norm (only differing from romantic sensual attraction with chaste kissing, although preferring chaste kissing or no kissing does not make one’s feelings unromantic), friends with sexual benefits, romantically pleasing someone they platonically love (QP to one and romantic to the other, although it's their decision on what they call the relationship), or any combination of those. They may or may not have monogamy, live together, have kids, or look like a couple to the public. Romantics and Aromantics can have QPRs.