Repulsion

Hey,

Can sex-repulsion actually get worse? I wanted to put this experience into writing for my new blog, but after just a few sentences I felt too sick. And so i wanted to try something else. First distract myself and do a different topic. But I can't. Even a few thoughts send me feeling sick to my stomach. My throat clenches like I should throw up. And I don¨t know what to do about it. I can't get rid of that feeling. I tried to distract myself and all, but it doesn't work. I can't eat and I can't drink.

If you have the same problem what do you do with it? What do you do to calm down and actualy be able to function and work?

I'm sex-repulsed as well. Sadly, I don't have any good sources to get rid of the feeling. Tried watching videos on YouTube; that made it worse because '.*~DURRHURR SEXUAL CONTENT AND DIRTY JOKES!!!!~*.' Tried playing games. Sometimes I play Tetris. It's fun imo, but it doesn't really help get rid of my feeling of disgust. (Hell, I played a game that's filled with sexual shit only for how cool it is despite said shit and it's like I forgot the stuff's there until I see or hear something relating to it.) It's like hella impossible to do anything to get yourself not so disgusted.

I'm sorry, though. Wish I could help with that. :'\

Anthracite_Impreza

It can, usually from thinking/worrying about it too much. I've found the more I come on AVEN/read sexuality blogs/talk about it, the more paranoid I get. Have a sex-free holiday, revel in your hobbies for a while, go for walks, then when you get back have your mental happy place handy. If you don't have one, make one.

You could also try exposure therapy, exposing yourself to triggers until you feel ok with it then moving onto another. I've tried that with numerous things (including talking about sex with friends) and I'm much less repulsed now.

colorfulgirl

I used to be very sex-repulsed when I was younger, I have no idea why, I guess there is no rational explanation why I was so repulsed. Just the thought of it was making me sick or when someone mentioned something sexual. I got rid of it, I still consider myself asexual and I don't have desire to have sex but I don't care about it anymore, when I hear someone talking about it, I don't feel sick anymore, maybe a little bit uncomfortable at times but that's it. I even started joking about it and I don't think anyone would guess that I am asexual.

So that being said, I really hope that you'll get ride of this repulsion because based on what you've just wrote it looks like it's interfering with you life and that is a problem. I did, so I know you can do that too. My advice for you would be -- try to keep yourself occupied so that you won't be thinking about it too much. Find things that excite you, write a blog but write about something totally not related with the topic of sexuality, start looking at the world concentrating on totally different aspects. That's what helped me, I stopped thinking about how confused I am with my sexuality and the fact that I'm different than most of my friends and it got better. I know that different things work for different people but maybe it will help you out somehow, I really hope it will get better :).

Thanks guys! I¨ll see what I can do