"17 celebrities who defy gender stereotypes"

scarletlatitude

scarletlatitude

http://www.ranker.com/list/genderfluid-celebrities/devon-ashby?format=SLIDESHOW&page=1

I thought this might be a nice read for anyone who is questioning their gender. A lot of times we get to thinking that famous people aren't like us, when in fact, some of them are!

VindicatorPhoenix

Fabulous link, thanks! :-)

Agreed!

It's nice to know I'm not alone in this world and that there's even some visibility available through celebrities! Trans pride! :D

Famous people are like us, it's just the image people have of famous people that isn't like us (and will never be).

Certified Cake Decorator

im kinda upset that most were coming from the "male" side of the spectrum....by that i mean there were waaay more MTF people than FTM. It wasnt a very diverse list in the aspect of identity. (for race and age it was though!)

Isn't one of the gender stereotypes significantly less-restrictive? Also, was this supposed to be only trans people? I took it as being only about stereotypes based on a person's (apparent) gender, not them being trans.

We know there are trans people out there who are talented, beautiful, and famous, but what about celebrities who are genderfluid or non-gender-conforming? [...] Below is a list of 10 musicians, actors, writers, performers, and artists who identify as non-gender-conforming, genderfluid, genderqueer, agender, or non-binary – or something else in-between.

So boxing them into MtF and FtM seems ironic, given that the people shown have moved outside gender, not to the neighboring one.

Archived