Deleted

Vestal

A Member Once Known As tqz

The About page says:

The Thinking Asexual Blog by Marie S. Crosswell is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

Following the link to that particular license seems to be saying it's okay to have a full copy, and that the permission is non-revocable. (Though, the article does look rather long…)

The About page says:

The Thinking Asexual Blog by Marie S. Crosswell is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

Following the link to that particular license seems to be saying it's okay to have a full copy, and that the permission is non-revocable. (Though, the article does look rather long…)

Thank you for investigating :cake:, but this is the latest forum rule:

"We must ask everyone not to quote any further external articles or pieces in full. A small snippet and a link will do."

Source: http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/123340-announcement-to-content-creators/

Frigid Pink

"I just feel like there’s no way any sexually active ace, whether indifferent or favorable, can fully understand what it’s like to be a person who doesn’t have sex and won’t have sex and specifically wants nonsexual love and relationships in this hyper-sexual world. Even if sex-repulsed people, asexual and allosexual, are a lot less comfortable with sexuality in the abstract than I am, they know what it’s like to be celibate long-term and to want nonsexual relationships and attempt to form them."

I don't think anyone can fully understand what it's like to be anyone else despite any similar or shared experiences. Unfortunately, the article had too much of an "us" vs. "them" vibe for me to fully appreciate or enjoy it.

dandelionfluff

"I think part of the problem is how we define “sex-indifferent” vs. “sex-repulsed” and “sex-averse” and “sex-favorable.” Taken at face value, “indifferent” indicates neutrality, which is very different from “aversion” and “repulsion.” Indifferent, to me (and obviously to a lot of other aces), means that you don’t have a problem with sex to a point where you would be unable to comfortably participate in it. I think of sex-indifferent asexuals as people who could certainly live without sex forever, who may prefer not to have sex, who would be happy to be in nonsexual romantic or nonromantic relationships if they get that chance, but who will pretty much always submit to an allosexual partner’s desire for sex rather than firmly refusing and who won’t be upset by sex emotionally or psychologically."

I don't agree with the bolded part. Being indifferent and capable of engaging in intercourse doesn't mean willing to do it whenever and wherever. I think always is a bit of a strong word to use. Indifferent people can be upset by sex emotionally and psychologically (I know from experience).

Archived