Friendship? troubles

Soraiko

Well, to begin with I've noticed that quite a few male friends of mine have had crushes on me. It quite bothers me. Some even stop talking to me as much/ever after I pretty much tell them no. None of them are even someone I could see myself with.

And then there's the fact that if I ever tall my aunt I have a friend that likes me she ends up wanting to meet them. Why? I'm never going to go out with them. I'll hang out as friends, but not a date. And then it's gotten a bit worse with my ace friend.

I was feeling pretty down since when my mom's boyfriend(or friend I have no idea who this guy is supposed to be) was in town so I didn't see her for a couple days. Since I was feeling pretty depressed my friend came to visit a couple weeks later and then we went to the beach in the next state over for a few days. It was fun and did cheer me up (I really detest when I live now so it was nice to get away). My aunt and uncle wanted to meet them before, but ended up meeting them when we got back and all had dinner. And just... :(

I mean, it's good that they accept my friend and stuff, but they were sort of overly accepting. Like my family knows that they have a crush on me and my aunt was all accepting of it we want to live together or get married or whatever. But ummm... no, just no. Where she got this ludicrous idea I have no idea. But no.

I haven't spoken to them in a while because I was finishing up college with some summer courses and was a little busy. Well, they texted my mom asking about it (which she's not too happy about) and I want to answer them back, but I also kinda don't want to either. I don't know.

I'm planning on applying to a program to work in Japan and they're willing to come with me, but it feels like they don't trust that I can take care of myself. And a bit controlling really. Like part of me doesn't even want to apply and just look for a job in England and move there (since my friend said they wouldn't want to live there). It's like I can take care of myself. Sure since I have been in school I've never had a job before, but I'm not helpless or anything. They're a couple years older than me and it comes a bit across like they think they're smarter than me and I just don't know what else. I feel bad about not answering them, but it also feels a bit constricting too. Help? :(

Midnight Star

First off if you want to apply to work in Japan, then do that. Your "friend" should not be a factor in the equation. Speaking of your friend, why do you hang out with him? If you know that he likes you, then why feed the fire?

Also why did he text your mom? Why not you?

By mentioning someone likes them, most people mean they have at least slight mutual interest or consideration. Your aunt may also be reading between those lines as you hinting that you want her to evaluate them by essentially mentioning a maybe. Or she may just want to meet your future partner.

Go to Japan and focus on your studies. This is my best advice for you. You seem stressed and you need to focus on your dreams.

Well, we don't really hang out because they moved. Talking to them, I'm not exactly sure anymore. I mean. I guess, because they're nice?

They texted my mom because I didn't answer.

Thanks. I should apply. It's been my dream to work in Japan, I shouldn't let this stop me. Besides, a professor I had said he'll help me apply since he did the same program.

Archived