Future life plans?

bluetrench

I don't really make concrete long-term plans. There's too much in flux. I just want to be happy and financially secure. As for getting married or having a family, well, they aren't a priority. If it turns out that those become a distinct possibility, then I wouldn't be against it (under the right conditions), but I don't expect them.

Im an older ace. Been married before, raised 3 wonderful sons and enjoy every minute with them and my grandchildren. I didnt come to the reality that I was ace till a few years back. I do enjoy my space, I am very independent and able bodied. Even if my car breaks down, I can usually fix it myself. But I do hope to find an ace male and have the "perfect" life for us. I want what society deems the norm, without the sex. I want to grow old With them, travel with them, hold their hand, hug them, massage them, cuddle with them, laugh and cry with them. Iwant someone to love. I know that it may never happen, and I'm okay with that. But it would be nice. And I remain hopeful :-) Until then, I'll live my life to the fullest extent!

I have a long-term plan. I want to finish Swedish philology and then start comparative literature and get a PhD. I plan to work and live abroad, maybe UK. Or Italy. I love knowledge as a concept and also  the rest of my passions, especially literature and I want to focus on it the most. 

I've never really planned on having a partner but I'm just aro-spec so it might happen. Well if it happens then it happens but I'll don't think I'll ever be looking for one. 

i want to live by the beach and have a dog. that's it. anything else is a bonus.

ElectricLady25

I am currently dating a (suspected) asexual and while we aren't interested in sex, he has mentioned wanting at least one child (a girl to be specific). That doesn't bother me too much and I'm willing to have a lovely little girl, someone to read books to, write stories about and the like; otherwise, my major future plans involve becoming a librarian, fiction writer (he wants to be a fiction writer as well), and caring for animals ( I LOVE ANIMALS SO MUCH). 

• 1 month later...

Well, my dream is me,  a queerplatonic partner and 2 cats ^_^. 

• 4 weeks later...
lis_oftheearth
On 8/3/2015 at 4:28 AM, Blue Phoenix Ace said:

That sounds exactly like my history, just that you discovered it 14 years younger than me. ;)

I'm 37 now and this realization of my aro-ace is pushing me to climb the corporate ladder. Knowing that I won't ever deal with marriage means I should have more time to devote to my work. I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't love my job, but being certain of my future singlehood makes this an easier choice.

There's also my hobbies to pursue, as well as fitness and friendships.

Here's my take on what makes your life important. If you have a positive impact on the world and the people around you, then you've done better than average (which I think is good). Be joyous, and spread joy to others.

I think it's important to have goals too. Try getting a sheet of paper or Wordpad and just start typing out stuff you'd like to do. You can make short range easier goals, and longer range tough goals. Maybe you'd like to write a novel, or visit Egypt or help your grandmother paint her house. If your list of goals ever completes, or you find some goals don't align with your current desires, make a new list!

Really like your take on what makes life important :)

Archived