Hello Aven!

acepex

Hi Aven!

I have been asexual for... well, for forever, all 25 years of my existence, I didn't know really what it was until just recently, however. I decided to google "asexuality" last weekend after I spent a night with my boyfriend and started to cry uncontrollably at the worst time possible (for those who understand where I'm going with that). I didn't even think, I just absentmindedly googled and I came upon aven. To be honest, I've been afraid to even google asexuality because I wasn't ready to confront my sexuality (or lack there of), I still don't feel ready but I can't ignore it anymore! So here I am, relieved to have found a whole community of people who think and feel similarly to me; yet feeling so deeply hopeless at the confirmation that I will never bloom into a regular, sexual being. I'm trying to stick with the positives as much as I can, though! I'm so grateful that a place like this even exists and i really look forward to connecting with other aces! ♥ So, hello everybody! :D

Hello and welcome to AVEN :)

I struggled accepting my asexuality too, I was hanging around here for days in denial but I couldn't stop thinking about so I joined up. Its great that a place like AVEN exists.

Anyway hope you enjoy it here at AVEN :cake:

Hi, welcome to AVEN. I know there are issues with being asexual, but relationship all have issues anyway. It's not as hopeless a prospect as most of us have at one time thought.

Hello and welcome to AVEN! Would you like some cake? :cake: :cake:

I'm glad that you faced your sexuality. Admitting that you are different from most people can be really difficult. I hope that AVEN can help you to accept yourself more, and that you enjoy it here.

CosineTheCat

Hello and Welcome to AVEN!

This is a wonderful site full of amazing people and I’m glad that you’ve become a part of it, and thank you for sharing your story, I know it’s not always easy thing to do. I honestly went through something very similar, Although I've also laughed (nervous laughter) in someones face when they tried to kiss me..... Awkward xD Be sure to browse around and check out all the different areas. I’m sure you’ll find something that interests you!

Welcome Again!

7qKCTjT.jpg

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! I'm hoping to stick around for a long while, meet some new aces, and possibly get some advice on coming out to my significant other! About which I will have to post somewhere soon c:

Welcome!

I too struggled accepting my asexuality (it took me 6 years ^^').

just another fangirl

Welcome to AVEN! I'm pretty new here to, and had always thought that I couldn't be asexual because I do like guys, but I actually just didn't realize what sexual attraction was and that other people feel it. Then I, too, googled asexuality and thought "oh, that makes sense now." So I totally get where you're coming from! Welcome again and I'm sure you'll find lots of friends very soon! Everyone on here is very friendly! :cake:

Hi and welcome! This is a great place to connect with other aces. I'm glad you joined and hope you love being part of this awesome community!!! :)

kMAdCeq.jpg?1

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: Sometimes it takes an "ah-ha" moment like that to make you think. It can be tough at first...figuring oneself out is never easy. But there's a lot of great supportive people here that can relate to you. I wish you all the best, and I hope you enjoy being a member!

28728_l.jpg

Archived