"Bonjour" from Québec!

Nyctale

Back when I was in high school I doubted that I was asexual because I felt weirded out by "guy talk" with my fellow females.

I pointed out my doubts to one of my bestfriends, but she didn't believe it, as I was "interested in guys". Yes, I had a few crushes, but they platonic or a really "intense caring" feeling. I knew the word asexuality back then, but not the definition, so I gave up the idea, but throughout the years I still felt that something was wrong.

A week ago, when I was at work (fast-food restaurant) cleaning the parking lot, there was a car full handsome-looking men at the window. One of them called me, saying he had a question for me. He told me he thought I was pretty and asked for my number.

Of course I felt flattered, but other than that... nothing. I couldn't care less. I knew he was one of those guys who'd expect a sexual relationship quite early, something that wouldn't agree the values my mom taught me.

I blabbered that I didn't have a cellphone (srsly Brain!?) just to avoid answering.

It was then I knew I knew I wasn't straight. My friends would've acted all giddy, blushing and they would've given their number, but not me.

So once my shift was over, I searched Asexuality on Wikipedia and pondered about it for days. I knew I had a high libido and would act upon it... but I would have never EVER aimed it towards someone else. The simple thought making out with my crush confused me or straight out irked me.

I came out to my 'crush' (who's gay) first and his reaction was great and respectful. My two best friends were confused and asked "those questions". I still haven't found the perfect time to tell my parents

So here I am.

-sorry for the mistakes if there are any (french speaker)

Well congrats on finding it out! Welcome to AVEN. I guess the *perfect* time to tell your parents is when you really feel ready. I'm Karmynn. It's nice to meet you. Glad to have you here. :cake: :cake: :D

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: So glad that you've found this community and more information about asexuality and how it relates to you! : )) That is always an awesome feeling. Your English was just fine, too!! Thank you for sharing your story with us, and I hope you enjoy being a member here.

french-cake.jpg

Hi and welcome! Thanks for your intro (there were no mistakes!). I'm glad you joined and hope you love being part of this awesome community. Here's your cake!!! :)

c6ioPz5.jpg?1

Archived