I have to know

I don't know if this is in the right section, feel free to move it if it isn't.

Okay here it goes. What's with the ace community and cake? It confuses me

Ahh, I know there's a page somewhere that explains it but I'm on my phone and it would be a pain to find. Basically it comes from the saying, "I'd rather eat cake than have sex." You should be able to find a more detailed explanation somewhere, since this question has been asked more than once.

AdaAimee923

It was explained in the documentary called (A)Sexuality, but the gist of it is that after having a discussion about "What is better than sex?" a lot of people said that cake was better. The documentary explains it better than I just did, but that's the general idea.

They always say curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back. Thanks for the answers! It makes sense to me now.

There's also a hyperlink in the word "cake" in my signature if you want to check out the history of cake. :cake: But yeah... it's pretty much an old joke that cake is better than sex and it's also a common way of greeting new members here.

I think the ace/cake thing is so cute. I love food so much. It's the besterest. :cake::cake::cake::wub:

once i got a medium sized pizza from a place and i put the entire box in my backpack and then i biked to the pond and ate it all by myself and it was awesome. It was a canvas army navy backpack that can be washed in the washing machine, so don't try this with your only bag for school ;) or god forbid, a versace purse, those are for burritos only, or like, po'boys.

I see purple bananas on older threads... Any idea about those?