I don't know if my best friend is asexual

russian_enigma

russian_enigma

So I got off work at midnight yesterday, my best friend Kile texted me if I wanted to "get some cake" at City Cafe. At first I was delighted because asking an asexual if you wanna eat some cake with them is the greatest thing you could ask them. Then I was wondering, wait I haven't told him I'm asexual yet, how does he know?? Then I got the feeling maybe that was his way of telling me he was asexual too?? I'm too afraid to ask though! I always got the feeling he was gay but now I'm starting to think he's just asexual like me. Do you guys think that the cake question was just a coincidence? Or that there's something more to it?

I just happen it isn't an euphemism for sex. Nothing is sacred anymore! > :(

I guess it's hard for us to tell since we don't know your friend... is that something very out of the ordinary for him to say? It does seem a little odd, but it's likely that it could just be a coincidence if you have no other evidence to suggest that he's asexual. If you really want to know if there was anything more behind it, then you could tell him that you're asexual and see how he reacts?

Like alleor said, is there any other evidence to suggest that your friend might be asexual? Personally, I'd be wary of jumping to conclusions if you haven't got anything else to back the idea up, in case it is a coincidence.

Mr. Quickhands

Well damn, maybe the guy just wants some cake and to share his passion with a friend. Or maybe he saw you browsing AVEN over your shoulder and this is his way of teasing you/telling you he's cool with it. No way of knowing and no reason to know. I'd just bet more people like cake than are asexual.

If you really want some kind of development with the outing you could joke around about his invitation and drop that you're asexual and that "cake has a special meaning amongst my people and blah blah blah". Don't over think it and have fun.

Blue Phoenix Ace

Just go and eat the cake. Maybe he'll tell you if there's any significance to it.

russian_enigma

I guess it's hard for us to tell since we don't know your friend... is that something very out of the ordinary for him to say? It does seem a little odd, but it's likely that it could just be a coincidence if you have no other evidence to suggest that he's asexual. If you really want to know if there was anything more behind it, then you could tell him that you're asexual and see how he reacts?

It was very much out of the ordinary for him to say... but it turns out it was simply a coincidence. A few days after that I asked him if there was a meaning to it, he said no he just wanted some cake. I told him I was asexual, he was accepting, but didn't reveal anything about himself.

Archived