Ace Awareness Game

shadowstrategist

shadowstrategist

Hey!

For my grad program, I have until next April to make a game as part of my graduation requirements. So, I'm going with making a game that'll help raise awareness about asexuality and experiences that asexuals go through, touching on experiences of discovering asexuality, coming out, frustrations/invalidation, relationships, etc. I haven't decided the exact platform of the game yet, but it's between an online game or a visual novel.

Which leads to my asking for assistance! Would anybody be interested in sharing their experiences? Any story, no matter how short, is much appreciated (even if you think it's boring!) You'll be credited for assisting with the game under whichever name you prefer, unless you'd rather remain anonymous.

Thanks in advance for helping! Please PM! ^_^

EDIT: I'm focusing on how you discovered asexuality/coming out experiences, any really striking times you've felt validated/invalidated by society, if being ace has affected any relationships you've had, romantic or not, or just plain microaggressions. I'd be really happy to show a range of age experiences, so there's no age limit! I'm also open to anything you're comfortable in sharing even if it doesn't fall in those categories.

I'd love to help! Is there anything specific you're looking for? I have lots of stories!

I'd be up to helping as well though I'm not a great writer. What kind of stuff are you looking for?

Same here. I would love to help, but what are you exactly looking for?

I'm also interested in helping. Do you want us to just post stories here, PM them to you, or...?

I would like to help too! I have a lot of stories ^_^

UncommonNonsense

Sure! I love this kind of stuff!

What topics/themes are you needing? Pre-discovery of our asexuality? Childhood? First romantic or sexual experience? Ace survivors of sexual violence? Coming out? Young adults? Older adults?

shadowstrategist

Sure! I love this kind of stuff!

What topics/themes are you needing? Pre-discovery of our asexuality? Childhood? First romantic or sexual experience? Ace survivors of sexual violence? Coming out? Young adults? Older adults?

I would like to help too! I have a lot of stories ^_^

I'm also interested in helping. Do you want us to just post stories here, PM them to you, or...?

Same here. I would love to help, but what are you exactly looking for?

I'd be up to helping as well though I'm not a great writer. What kind of stuff are you looking for?

I'd love to help! Is there anything specific you're looking for? I have lots of stories!

Thanks! I'm focusing on discovering asexuality/coming out experiences, times you've felt validated/invalidated by society, if being ace has affected any relationships you've had, romantic or not, or just plain microaggressions. I'd be really happy to show a range of age experiences, so there's no age limit! I'm also open to anything you're comfortable in sharing even if it doesn't fall in those categories.

Please PM :)

Scottthespy

What type of game is it? A board game, an online game, a party game like "An Evening Of Murder"? Knowing that would help us know which stories will be most useful to you.

shadowstrategist

What type of game is it? A board game, an online game, a party game like "An Evening Of Murder"? Knowing that would help us know which stories will be most useful to you.

I haven't narrowed down between the two yet, but it's definitely going to be either an online game or a visual novel.

Well, a story from high school. There was a girl that hung out with us. Apparently my ace friend and I confused the hell out of her. She progressively wore lower and lower cut shirts to see if she could get a reaction out of us. We never noticed. I did even realize until about 10 years later when my friend mentioned that was happening, and that it was confusing her.

My friend only found out that she was doing that because he went on a date with her, and she brought it up during it (back in high school). And he only mentioned it a few weeks ago, because he thought I had noticed. I didn't even know they went on a date.

shadowstrategist

Well, a story from high school. There was a girl that hung out with us. Apparently my ace friend and I confused the hell out of her. She progressively wore lower and lower cut shirts to see if she could get a reaction out of us. We never noticed. I did even realize until about 10 years later when my friend mentioned that was happening, and that it was confusing her.

My friend only found out that she was doing that because he went on a date with her, and she brought it up during it (back in high school). And he only mentioned it a few weeks ago, because he thought I had noticed. I didn't even know they went on a date.

Lol, that sounds so awkward on her part! I feel like I've probably confused a lot of people without noticing it (one guy had apparently been trying to get my attention for 3 years before saying anything about it...I never noticed even once :unsure: )

Anywho, thanks a ton for your story! Is there a certain name you'd like to be credited with?

Lol, that sounds so awkward on her part! I feel like I've probably confused a lot of people without noticing it (one guy had apparently been trying to get my attention for 3 years before saying anything about it...I never noticed even once :unsure: )

Anywho, thanks a ton for your story! Is there a certain name you'd like to be credited with?

Zash is fine for crediting.

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/120476-how-old-were-you-when-you-first-thought-you-might-be-different/page-4#entry1061344557

Here is a post I made in another thread that might be of interest. I'm happy to elaborate on any of the details if you like. I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're looking for, so let me know.

Archived