Aromantic and it feels so good!

rbgs

Lithromantic more specifically...

Hi, I'm new here.

I always considered myself somewhere on the asexual spectrum, however for years and years I never considered I could be aromantic because I got crushes on/experienced romantic feelings for people. But every time I got into a relationship (even if there was no sex involved) it was horrible, and I suffered from anxiety to the point of illness. I just thought that something was really wrong with me, and/or I was with the wrong person, and stupidly kept trying again.

Now that I finally understand that I can experience romantic and/or sexual attraction but not want to actually act on it, everything makes so much sense! I finally feel free and happy.

Thanks for listening!

Welcome to the great joy of discovering you're aromantic and finding out there's nothing wrong with you! I'm not lithromantic but I can definitely relate to how you feel. I was so happy when I found out about aromanticism :)

Congrats, and welcome to AVEN :cake:

Welcome to the love boat!
Where the waters are love and we manage to stay afloat.

sakura_chan

hey guys

I have always wondered if there is sthg wrong with me until few months ago I found out about this site and then I understood that I am an asexual and aromantic person and Its kind of hard to find people who understood u especially where I am from, I only have 2 of my friends who accept as I am and understood me and I am happy that I know who I am right now :)

YAY for aros!!!! I feel the same way about finding AVEN. It was so heartwarming and illuminating to know that it's okay to be who I am! sometimes I still feel kind of confused and out of place, but one quick visit to AVEN and these wonderful people here picks me back up and everything feels right again.

Archived