Help wanted -- a/sexualities lexicon

scarletlatitude

scarletlatitude

I am working on creating a sexualities/asexualities lexicon for the Gray-A forum. I see a lot of people posting here wondering "am I ____?". I think a list would be helpful. That way, when someone visits our lovely forum, they have a resource to help them. :)

Disclaimer: I am not trying to force people into a label or to say that everyone needs a label. I am only trying to eliminate some confusion for the people who DO want to find a label. Please do not put down people for trying to label themselves. Some people want/need that. Thank you.

Also, yes I am aware that AVEN has a website and a wiki. This is meant to be a quick resource for anyone who visits our forum. Information is always good to have. ^_^ I am looking to link in resources, so if you know of a website that would be helpful to someone who is questioning, please post it for me. I'm looking to add onto this thread and similar threads, to make it all one resource and make it more inclusive and awesome.

I only claim 3 labels right now. I need some help! Tell me about what sexual labels you use, and what that word means for you. You could also tell me anything you'd want people to know about being like you. For example, I could say what it means to be sapiosexual, and what that label means for me.

Please note -- I am only looking for SEXUALITY things. There are separate posts happening for gender words and romantic words. Since we are the "sex" forum, we will keep this to just the words regarding sexual preference.

Thank you in advance for your help! :cake: :D

EDIT: LOOKING FOR:

- labels or other words that have to do with sexuality

- questions you have or questions you had in the past about sexuality

- anything you wonder about sexuality that you would like an answer to

Please remember to mark your TMI if you are going to get explicit.

Ricecream-man

Blegh, I'm not a fan of the million and one labels or there. However, that's each individual's choice, and as long as they don't try to stuff their personalized label down other people's throats oh well.

Now for the helpful part.

May I suggest you message Star Bit? Imho the current active lexicon :P

I am HEAVILY stealing from Amy Ghosts romantic thread. But in all fairness, I did suggest many of the terms on that list =P

• Abrosexual-A person who experiences a fluid or rapidly changing sexual attraction to different gender expressions.
  • Acosexual- A person whose negative experiences with sex has alienated them from their allo-romanticism.
  • Adfectual/Adfectusexual/Affectusexual/Adfsexual- A person whose sexual attraction is affected by their neurodivergency
  • Aegosexual/Autochorissexual- A person with a disconnect between themselves and the target of their sexual attractions/desires.
  • Akoi(ne)sexual / Aprosexual aka Lithsexual-Person who experiences sexual attraction to others but does not care or does not want that person to reciprocate
  • Allosexual- A Person who experiences Sexual Attractions
  • Androsexual-A Person who experiences sexual attraction to people that they perceive as being male
  • Apathsexual-A person who is indifferent/apathetic to sexual attraction.
  • Apothisexual -A Person who does not experiences sexual attraction and does not want others to be sexually involved with them.
  • Apressexual-A person who only experiences a sexual attraction after another form of attraction is felt. The original attraction may or may not fade/be replaced by the new attraction.
  • Asexual-A Person who does not experiences sexual attraction and/or sexual desire
  • Bellussexual*- A person who enjoys the endearing aesthetics of romance/sexual courtship but does not want a sexual relationship.
  • Bisexual-A Person who experiences sexual attractions to people they perceive as one of two different genders
  • Boreasexual-A person who has a set sexual orientation but with an exception
  • Burstsexual-A person who experiences sudden idiopathic and sporadic episodes of sexual attraction.
  • Caedsexual/Kalossexual- A person who used to experience sexual attractions, but no longer does due to past trauma.
  • Cupiosexual-A Person who does not experience sexual attractions but wants to be in a sexual relationship
  • Demisexual-A Person who experiences sexual attraction only after establishing a strong emotional bond
  • Fraysexual- A Person who experiences sexual attraction to others inversely proportional to their familiarity with said person.
  • Graysexual-A Person who experiences very little if any sexual attraction
  • Gynesexual/Gynosexual-A Person who experiences sexual attraction to people they perceive as being female
  • Heterosexual-A Person who experiences sexual attractions to people they perceive as different from one's own gender
  • Heteroflexible-A Person who is heterosexual but willing to engage in a homosexual relationship/activity on occasion.
  • Homoflexible-A Person who is homosexual but willing to engage in a heterosexual relationship/activity on occasion.
  • Homosexual-A Person who experiences sexual attractions to people they perceive as the same gender
  • Hypersexual-A Person who experiences a high degree of sexual attractions.
  • Hyposexual-A Person who experiences a low degree of sexual attractions.
  • Idemsexual-A Person who cannot distinguish between sexual and platonic attraction
  • Nebulasexual- A person who has a hard time or cannot tell sexual attraction apart from platonic due to being quoirorsexual or due to their neurodivergency.
  • Novisexual-A person who experiences a complicated sexual attraction (or lack thereof) such that they do not feel it can be described in a single term
  • Omniasexual- A Person who does not experience sexual, romantic, sensual, or aesthetic attractions.
  • Pansexual-A Person who experiences sexual attraction to people of any gender
  • Placiosexual- A Person who wishes to perform sexual acts toward others, but does not want to receive sexual acts toward themselves.
  • Post rubor- A person who quickly gets crushes/squishes/etc on others, but after the initial excitement of said crush/etc vanishes so do their feelings.
  • Polysexual-A Person who experiences sexual attraction to people they perceive of one of multiple different genders
  • Proquusexual- A masculine person who only experiences sexual attractions to those percieved as also being masculine.
  • Quassexual-A Person who experiences nontraditional sexual attractions
  • Quoisexual aka WTFsexuals-Person who is not sure if they experience sexual attraction or not.
  • Recipsexual-A Person who experiences sexual attraction only after they feel that the other person is sexually attracted to them first
  • Requiesssexual-A Person who does not experiences sexual attraction due to emotional exhaustion
  • Sapiosexual - A Person who experiences sexual attractions toward people that they perceive as having a high level of intelligence or a keen minds.
  • Skoliosexual - A Person who experiences sexual attractions toward people that have an a nonbinary gender.
  • Zedsexual- A person not on the Asexual spectrum. Alternative term for allosexual.

Not sure if this would be real or made up:

Schsexual- Person who feels that they experience being both sexual and asexual at the same time.

Synsexual- Another alternative for allosexual

I am posting this last one because it would be the sexual counterpart to transromantic, but I am not sure if this should be included as it could be described as a fetish as opposed to a sexuality. I can suggest a bunch more if we are going to include fetishes.

• Transfan/Tranphiliac-A Person who experiences sexual attraction to people that they perceive as being transgender
*the actual definition of Bellussexual says they are attracted to the cute and fluffy parts of a relationship but I reworded it to sound more academic/professional
scarletlatitude

Blegh, I'm not a fan of the million and one labels or there. However, that's each individual's choice, and as long as they don't try to stuff their personalized label down other people's throats oh well.

Now for the helpful part.

May I suggest you message Star Bit? Imho the current active lexicon :P

Exactly. :)

Thank you both for the information!

We can include fetishes, but maybe in a separate area. I am thinking this would be a thread where one post just lists the sexualities, another post just answers questions like "I like to ____ so am I still ____?", and maybe another post for fetishes or special sexuality related words.

scarletlatitude

Questions for the questions part of this lexicon. Please answer if you can. :)

Is allosexual essentially the opposite of asexual?

For fraysexual, it is that the less you know the person, the more sexually attracted you are to them?

Would anyone object to making two different lists, one for the major sexual orientations and one for other labels? I think most people are interested in the definitions for the big 5 (hetero, homo, bi, trans, ace). I ask because I want to know the feelings of the community.

Questions for the questions part of this lexicon. Please answer if you can. :)

Is allosexual essentially the opposite of asexual?

For fraysexual, it is that the less you know the person, the more sexually attracted you are to them?

Would anyone object to making two different lists, one for the major sexual orientations and one for other labels? I think most people are interested in the definitions for the big 5 (hetero, homo, bi, trans, ace). I ask because I want to know the feelings of the community.

From my understanding, I would say Yes to both questions.

Allosexual is similar to how alternative medicine "doctors" tend to call evidence based medical physicians "allopaths." I am not a big fan of it myself for the same reason, allopath is considered a derogative term for MD's.

Everything I see on the definition of fray sexual define it as losing interest the more you know someone. Doing some quick googling I came across one person describing it as the opposite of demisexuality.

I would not object to your suggestion though I think Pan-sexual should also be included in the major list as well.

scarletlatitude

Yes, I just realized that I forgot pansexual. I would include them too. Thanks for your help! :)

Squirrel Combat

How about "Spamsexual" or "Spamromantic", where you're attracted to Spam? :P

scarletlatitude

Is there such a thing as transexual? Or would that just fall under bisexual?

Transsexual is a gender identity and not an actual sexuality.

Specifically, Transsexual is someone undergoing gender transition and not actually a type of sexuality. Transmen and trans women can be straight, gay, bi-, pan-, or asexual.

One can be sexually attracted to transsexuals, this would be a transfan/transphilia/transerotic/transsensual/Andromimetophillia/Gynemimetophillia/ or Gynandromorphophilia

Edit: I have hogged this thread enough as is, so I am going to edit this in as opposed to making a new post. Could I suggest including a section on sex-positive/negatives/favorable/indifferent/averse/repulsed. These terms seem very nebulous as seen in this post I replied to:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/122662-whats-the-difference-between-sex-positive-sex-negative-and-sex-repulsed/

scarletlatitude

That's what I thought. Thanks for all of your help Lost! :) :cake::cake: <3

I like the idea of the two separate lists. Just because I feel that so much falls under other labels. EXAMPLE: A homosexual can also be sapiosexual, homosexual being the more broad label, and sapiosexual being more of a sublabel. Or at least that's how I view it.

You should be careful distinguishing between a genuine identity and inflammatory behaviour.

Look at half the words on that list and tell me why any of them is more acceptable than how I refer to myself.

I am working on creating a sexualities/asexualities lexicon for the Gray-A forum. I see a lot of people posting here wondering "am I ____?". I think a list would be helpful. That way, when someone visits our lovely forum, they have a resource to help them. :)

Disclaimer: I am not trying to force people into a label or to say that everyone needs a label. I am only trying to eliminate some confusion for the people who DO want to find a label. Please do not put down people for trying to label themselves. Some people want/need that. Thank you.

Also, yes I am aware that AVEN has a website and a wiki. This is meant to be a quick resource for anyone who visits our forum. Information is always good to have. ^_^ I am looking to link in resources, so if you know of a website that would be helpful to someone who is questioning, please post it for me. I'm looking to add onto this thread and similar threads, to make it all one resource and make it more inclusive and awesome.

I only claim 3 labels right now. I need some help! Tell me about what sexual labels you use, and what that word means for you. You could also tell me anything you'd want people to know about being like you. For example, I could say what it means to be sapiosexual, and what that label means for me.

Please note -- I am only looking for SEXUALITY things. There are separate posts happening for gender words and romantic words. Since we are the "sex" forum, we will keep this to just the words regarding sexual preference.

Thank you in advance for your help! :cake: :D

EDIT: LOOKING FOR:

- labels or other words that have to do with sexuality

- questions you have or questions you had in the past about sexuality

- anything you wonder about sexuality that you would like an answer to

Please remember to mark your TMI if you are going to get explicit.

I've only ever needed two labels for sexuality: 'sexually active' and 'not sexually active'. :) Call me a simpleton but I like lean and mean. :)

Who we have sex with may not actually define our sexual orientation. As with prisoners, chemically influenced, for pay, etc. So a definition of homosexuality will need MANY sub-defs for those and every other variation. Might make an interesting read, but it would be primarily for other people's benefit who may wish to categorize people or feel better for being in this label instead of that label.

scarletlatitude

Yes, and as I said in my original post, I do not intend to force anyone into a label. If you don't want a label, that's fine. But we do have a lot of people on AVEN who are interested in the labels and what they mean. This is meant purely to help those confused people to become more aware of which labels are available so that they may chose a label if they want one.

This thread is being locked because at this time we are nearly ready to post the final lexicon. Look for it within the next two weeks. Thanks to all for your help! :) :cake::cake:

Archived