Asexual masturbation

dtaf1171

It's a thing

yeah, from what I heard. Never done it personally, but I know a lot of other aces have/do.

Masturbation for me was first experienced in my youth. I had never thought about the act until two male friends brought up the topic and suggested masturbating together. I now occasionally masturbate but purely for the sensation. When masturbating I have no sexual thoughts, it tends to be purely mechanical. Is this normal for aces? Also orgasm is nothing more than ejaculation. However due to media I expected more. Any stories and experiences are welcome.

I do it to scratch an "itch."

Sylphgoddess

its mostly just for when my hormones make me horny, like when i ovulate

I wouldn't know from personal experience... and--I don't have much more to add to what's already been said.

Lord Jade Cross

I think that even masturbation has been hyped to a ridiculous level by people. One thing that Ive heard is that masturbation is supposed to cause this so called great sense of relief especially if you have some pent up sexual desire and that doing it right and reaching an orgasm (supposedly not the same as merely ejaculating) can make you want to do it again.

I dont really have any evidence that proves that theory to be true.

SorryNotSorry

A pleasure hit, no more, no less.

It's a thing that I do, when I am bored or mostly when hormones hit me in the middle of my menstrual cycle. I would be perfectly ok with no masturbation, but apparently my body needs to get the tension out somehow.

I think I kind of enjoy it... or at least I don't mind it, its in a way like scratching an itch... the only issue is its easier to do with certain stimuli, and since sex itself usually doesn't turn me on, I have to rely on fetish stuff, and even then half of the stuff in my fetish doesn't appeal to me at that moment, I spend most of the time that I masturbate trying to find a story or piece of art that will get me aroused... I don't actually know if that's weird, I think I could do it without that, I usually feel the desire to masturbate first (or not so much a desire as an oncoming erection) and then look for something to arouse me... or I just do it as a way of passing the time like clean out the plumbing while I'm bored and not have to worry about it later.

It alleviates annoying erections that make it hard to fall asleep.

There is some medical evidence for reducing risk of prostate cancer, along with general health benefits.

It feels good --- but, it's not so great that I can't imagine being similarly happy in an alternate world where I didn't have any sex/reproduction-specific components of male anatomy (and their associated problems/pleasures).

I tried it once. It was boring. So I don't bother.

It's like jogging for me...

I could do it if I wanted to.

But I don't.

I don't shove anything in my body that I'm not going to digest.

But if you do masturbate: Go you!

I giggled. You know you don't have to shove anything anywhere, right? XD Or maybe some people do, idk :|

I giggled. You know you don't have to shove anything anywhere, right? XD Or maybe some people do, idk :|

Well, I've just tried it that way. So a nope for me. I'm really not comfortable with it, but yeah. xD

WheelCuddle

Something I have to do, like shitting. Shitting feels good too.

Well, I've just tried it that way. So a nope for me. I'm really not comfortable with it, but yeah. xD

Well, if you ever want to try again, the clitoris is the only organ in the body designed purely for pleasure, and it's on the outside. So, then you don't have to shove anything up anyplace! :D Hehe.

Well, if you ever want to try again, the clitoris is the only organ in the body designed purely for pleasure, and it's on the outside. So, then you don't have to shove anything up anyplace! :D Hehe.

Thank you for that advice, who knows, maybe one day I will scratch that itch too. But I won't be too sure about it :P

butterscotchwm

It's a thing that I do, when I am bored or mostly when hormones hit me in the middle of my menstrual cycle. I would be perfectly ok with no masturbation, but apparently my body needs to get the tension out somehow.

This seems to be the case for many vagina-owning asexuals, including myself. I didn't really know what a sex drive was before I started masturbating, I just kinda got this funny feeling in my head/stomach every now and then, and I would just draw characters that I ship or sleep it off or whatever. I never masturbated when I was a kid - that probably has to do with the fact that I didn't receive a full sex ed (Catholic school) and I had no idea what a clitoris was, or that I even had one. I just assumed I had a urethra, a vagina, and a rectum and I had no desire to stick anything in me, so I was like what's the point. Even when I finally did more research online, I wasn't interested in masturbating at first, and every attempt that I tried just made me feel bored. It took like almost a year for me to finally figure it out.

Now, I think masturbating / orgasming is great, but only because I need to relieve tension during menstruation/ovulation or relax when I'm trying to sleep or something. Yes, I do think about sexual scenarios when I masturbate, but I don't think about other people having sex with me - like, I don't think about my boyfriend or ppl I've had a crush on for example. Even when I try to do that the pleasure just kinda goes away lol. It works best when I'm just not thinking about anything at all.

Sandraisme360

I occasionally masturbate. I have tried a vibrates. What's a waist of money. It was before I knew of Asexuality. I was trying to wake up my sexuality. I like a lot of the comments I read. Just an ich to scratch. Before when I tried thinking of having sex while masturbatinng, the thought of sex killed it. Sticking somthIng in me dose nothing for me.

An interesting conversation I had with some sexual friends of mine. I just have to share this sorry if I offend. One woman made the remark saying if you want to masturbate you can just go to the fridge rade the veggi crisper and when you are done make a saled. That comment has always haunted me. I don't realy want to eat any saled from her with cucumber or zukini or anything like that. Barf! I am glad I'm ace.

I do masturbate, mostly when I'm in the shower (less mess) and think: "I've got time, might as well, feels nice", but it's quite difficult getting to the "feels nice" part, which I guess, is because the only thing that does anything for me is the actual physical stimulation. Fantasising does nothing for me and I tend to get off topic, I think the last time I was masturbating I was thinking of yeast fermentation (one of my fields of study) until I got to the "feels nice" part.

ByAnyOtherName

I do it, because I start getting grumpy if I don't. Not really sure why. But I can't think of people or actual sex when I do it or else it ruins any progress I may have made, and it's not really thrilling or super relaxing. Just a way to get back to neutral, I guess?

TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

I lack a libido, so I don't do it myself. I see absolutely no problem with those who do it.

It's like needing to scratch your butt in public. Over and done with, annoying, yuck.

divided_sky

It alleviates annoying erections that make it hard to fall asleep.

There is some medical evidence for reducing risk of prostate cancer, along with general health benefits.

It feels good --- but, it's not so great that I can't imagine being similarly happy in an alternate world where I didn't have any sex/reproduction-specific components of male anatomy (and their associated problems/pleasures).

Yeah... it can make sleeping difficult sometimes, and the random erections out and about become more frequent. I don't like the, uh... result of it. We need to take the technology of the smokeless cigarette and work it into the penis. Then we'll really have something. How am I supposed to surreptitiously do it in public without making a mess of myself? Come on now, let's get to work on this.

VindicatorPhoenix

I only masturbate in bed, once per day. I do it to reach orgasm and get to sleep; it's not very pleasurable nor do I imagine/picture sex in any way while doing it. The orgasm just helps me relax, otherwise falling asleep is difficult.

I've never done it in public nor felt the need to do so. Even if sometime I decided to try it in public, there would be no desire/urge compelling me to do it and I'd be worried (and quite embarrassed) that people would make untrue assumptions about me if they saw me.

Hope this perspective helps. ^_^

cosmicharpy

Masturbation is hit or miss. Sometimes (especially if you take your time) it can be great, most of the time is very meh, and there have been a few times where I've orgasmed without the pleasure. That last one is bullshit after you consider the 20+ minutes it took me to get there.

I do it to go to sleep or alleviate my hormones.

Are there any other people with a clitoris who have never felt any pleasurable sensation at all? To me, it's no different than touching any other part of my body. No pleasurable sensation at all. Is this normal?

... I hear a lot of people saying "asexuals still have functional sex organs", well - mine don't seem to be functional. At least not my clitoris. Anyone else with this?

Archived