How many aces are in relationships?

asinglecookie

asinglecookie

I was just wondering how many people here are in relationships? And how many are looking? And how many aren't looking?

I definitely fall into the final category, and am just really interested to know people's stories.

I am not in a relationship and I am not looking for one at the moment. I have family responsibilities that make looking for one not possible currently.

Besides, I think I am too socially awkward to ever get involved with anyone. I can barely handle dealing with people I am not familiar with on a purely professional basis, and the idea of trying to dealing with people looking for romance seems beyond me entirely.

Sometimes I think that I will end up alone, and I wonder if that would be a bad thing or not.

I am not in any form of relationship. I'd like to be though, it seems nice. I don't really put much of an effort into finding one though. It's not the most important thing in my life

Autumn Season

Looking, though I'm perfectly happy single. Also, I'm rather picky. xD The chances to find someone are low, but I'm an optimist.

Anthracite_Impreza

Never had a relationship, never want one.

Betty Badinbed

My long-term relationship broke up last year. It was quite ideal while it lasted, but we were going in different directions, and he wanted to have kids, me no. It wasn't my aceness that broke us up. So I know that relationships are possible for me.

I want another one, but am so hesitant about putting myself out there. They say there's a drought of men for women like me in my late 40s, but (not wanting to blow my trumpet) in the past 10 months I've had three guys interested in me and I've held them all at bay. I just instinctively know these ones aren't going to work - I don't have a romantic interest in any of them, and there HAS to be that, for me. Besides, I kinda want to try being with a woman this time round. Actually, I would happily have a queerplatonic relationship any gender or non-gender.

Not in a relationship and not exactly looking, I am interested in having one but I need to sort my life out first.

I no longer am, R. and I broke up in February after six and a half mostly happy years together.

I don't think I'll be entering a partner relationship again; in all likelihood, I'll just remain single for the rest of my life, because that's just easier. The pain and disappointment of relationships ending doesn't outweigh the difference in happiness while it lasts, for me - there's just not enough of a difference between being friends with someone and being partners to be worth the bill of break-up pain.

I am, with another AVENite :3

Even though I did rarely form crushes, I've never specifically *looked* for a relationship. They kinda just happened here and there. The one I'm in now was really another chance encounter that could have easily never happened at all, but it did, and we're both so glad it did because we've never felt happier :wub:

I'm not asexual, but my partner is. She had always thought that relationships were something for other people, and that she was not interested in such a thing. But she really enjoyed my company so for the first time in her life she wanted to give it a try. Now we're one year into the relationship and she's starting to develop feelings for me, so I'd think that was a good choice of hers. ^^

The Great WTF

I could not give less of a damn about being in a relationship and have never sought one out, but I'm pretty fond of the one I'm in even if I'm still wondering six years after the fact how it happened.

I Shot the Serif

ENGAGED!!

(I just like telling people that. I'm getting the ring next month. It's to be a long engagement, but I can handle it.)

eeriesilence

I'm in a relationship. Next month will be our 6 year anniversary. :wub:

Schattenschatz

I am in a relationship. I never looked for one, in fact I actively avoided them, even with people I liked (and several that I am still friends with) because I knew we'd break up eventually and I didn't think there was much point if I already knew it would end someday. I was happy just being friends and didn't see any need to take things further. Then I met my partner, and our relationship just kind of happened. He wasn't looking for a relationship either at the time and it kind of surprised him when I showed interest. That was the only time I actually 'pursued' anyone, though in all fairness I hardly had to pursue him. We pretty much met in the middle.

I'm not currently in a relationship, but I really really want to be in one. I think about it a lot. I don't really go around looking though since a lot of dating sites will want you to be 18+ before signing up and I'm too shy to take action with when it comes to crushes in real life.

It's not too bad though. I have a lot of other responsibilities that I need to manage at this part of my life.

Also, Serif, congratulations on becoming engaged! That's so great! :-D

I am now in a relationship with a heterosexual person, I don't know how it will work out but I am trying to be positive about it and keep the focus on what we have in common rather than what we don't have in common, I.e our sexual orientations.

Seahorselover

I'm in a romantic relationship with a bisexual woman. She's very firm about me not doing anything I'm not comfortable with and is really carefull not to pressure me into anything.

RaisedByHippies98

No, but have one guy friend I am kind of falling for, and a girl (who's the only girl i've been close with since 4th grade to still be a close friend) who wants to spend the rest of her life with me and we act like a couple, so it's kind of similar to a relationship lol

ninja_kitty

I am not presently in a relationship, but I am looking for someone (a guy) I am compatible with to date. I have dated quite a bit in the past and have had a couple of multi-year relationships.

Lord Jade Cross

Ive never been in a relationship, not really looking for one and I highly doubt I could even manage to be in one if for whatever unfathomable reason I should decide that I want to pursue one some day because I dont agree with alot of the most basic relationship ideals (or social for that matter), I tend to piss people off with my logic and I dislike human contact so no kisses, little to no hugs and sex, well the most they will get out of me is getting up and leaving the room when they hint at it or if they try a more direct approach, they will be extremely dissapointed.

Not in one, and I wouldn't try due to pretty much certainty that a life of family mistreatment has left me such that it'd just be a mess and dead-end. Once I've worked my crap out, I might be open to one, though it'd be more like a business partnership between two whole people rather than clinging to someone to feel OK.

EmotionalAndroid

I have never been in a relationship and I am not actively looking. I don't want a romantic relationship, but I would like friends. I'm just too scared to look for them since I don't understand how to make friends.

Not in one, and I wouldn't try due to pretty much certainty that a life of family mistreatment has left me such that it'd just be a mess and dead-end. Once I've worked my crap out, I might be open to one, though it'd be more like a business partnership between two whole people rather than clinging to someone to feel OK.

I find that pretty sad. :( When I read stuff like this, I wish I were able to show the person in question the nice things about a deeply emotional relationship, but sadly that spot in my heart is already taken. ^^

I have never been in a relationship and I am not actively looking. I don't want a romantic relationship, but I would like friends. I'm just too scared to look for them since I don't understand how to make friends.

In my experience the best way to make friends is to visit online communities for peculiar interests of yours. Oh wait, that's what this place is, isn't it? Oops! Though I think the issue with this site is that you don't really.. erm.. "work on something" together with the other people here. It's pretty much just talking. What seems to work better is e.g. roleplaying communities, open source project communities, stuff like that. It all depends on your interests, of course.

I'm not in a relationship and not actively seeking one!

I've been in two relationships and they were both really shallow and disappointing. I try convince myself that maybe relationships are not my type of thing, but deep inside I envy all the happy couples around me. :blush:

I find that pretty sad. :( When I read stuff like this, I wish I were able to show the person in question the nice things about a deeply emotional relationship, but sadly that spot in my heart is already taken. ^^

Let's just flip it around and consider that it might be sad that you think that you know better than I and that you can fix something with relationship magic. Though, if you were offering to be a parent, I'd have no disagreement. The last thing a child psyche needs is to be asked to meet another adult's emotional needs.

allrightalready

i was in one last year and it was a total disaster, she had lied the whole time and was running a scam (even with all the checks i had in place and over two years of messaging then talking and all). i will never again try anything with someone i have not known in real life and for a long time.

Archived