Demi or asexual?

Harvey Dent

I have a query for more knowledgable fellow members. I do have sex, only with my wife, no other appeals to me. But we rarely have sex and when we do I don't ejaculate. It's not she's unappealing to me, I just have lost interest in sex. So my query is am I Demi since I do have sex, even if it does involve mostly hands and toys. I have no E.D. Issues, just libido problems. But I have monogamous sex with one woman.

nerdperson777

Whether you have sex is not representative of your sexual orientation. Do you ever have the desire to do it with her at all? It is also possible to change orientations over a lifetime so you might've been heterosexual before and have become asexual. You might have have a decreased or no sex drive.

Harvey Dent
Whether you have sex is not representative of your sexual orientation. Do you ever have the desire to do it with her at all? It is also possible to change orientations over a lifetime so you might've been heterosexual before and have become asexual. You might have have a decreased or no sex drive.[/quoteBefore I met her I was abundant in my sexuality. I realize now that it was due to sex enhancing drugs like Molly and other amphetamines and hallucinogens. I am since clean ( except for marijuana ) but I only smoke so not to take the plethora of pills I prescribed. And I am attracted to her, she worries all the time that it's her. But she's sexual, it's complicated. Thanx for the input cuz.

Asexuals can have problems with sex because acting sexually towards someone you're not sexually attracted to can be an arousal deturant. Demisexual means you have sexual attraction after a certain bond. Sexual attraction is when someones presence is sexually arousing and then causes the desire/impulse to do sexual things to/with that person. If you do have sexual attraction but lose interest durring the act then there's Lithsexual aka Aposexual (which i prefer because its suffix isn't a metaphor). Aposexual being an umbrella term for reacting to sexual reciprocation (over time or immediately) with indifference, loss of interest, or repulsion. Aposexuals can have sex but it seems they need the partner to be unreciprocative in an indifferent way. You say you're attracted to her, so i assume you mean sexually as that's the topic; there is romantic attraction which are two different things.