What's Your Dream Career?

mm626

Without regard to salary or skill level - if you could do anything you wanted for a living, what would it be?

I'm curious :P

crazypimpernelfan

Ooo, this is a great question! I'd definitely still want to be an author, Catholic Theologian, and a librarian. :D

Per Aspera Ad Astra

I'd be a superhero! :ph34r:

More seriously, I don't know. Part of me wants to do something simple and work with horses, far from everything. Part of me wants to teach cinema in college. And part of me wants to do something successful in cinema, whether it be writing an awesome scenario (or writing an awesome book that I would then turn into a TV series), or working with my favourite director. I really don't know.

Literature teacher :( but here in my country teachers have a really low income u.u

Marshmallow Tree

Ohh I suppose a web-comic artist. I never have any time anymore ;-;

Investigative journalist or human rights lawyer - either way I'd never live in the same place for more than 3 years.

I just say doctor but what I really want to do is become a gynaecologist so I can set up a charity helping women with gynaecological problems. The former gets laughed at less.

restoration of old buildings, vehicles, machines, furniture etc, I enjoy bringing old back to life

ChineseGirl

I have no dream career

to my job is a slavery

I'm working just because I need money, unfortunately

If I could not work I would be happy :evil:

Hooded_Crow

Robin Hood!

Seriously though, I'd have to say novelist. And that's what I'm shooting for. Fingers crossed.

I would love to work for Aardman Animations who I admire and worship. ^_^

EverHopeful

Foster children. Oh, and be a best selling novelist. Heck, maybe both at the same time!

Waist of Thyme

Gently pouring coffee in snow-covered elevators while my clients sleep cozily with a stuffed animal.

This might seem a bit strange but I'd like to just be a house-wife?

I'm currently going to art school but I probably will continue with language or social sciences in University.. So I suppose that sorta implies I should or it'd be appropriate for me to become an interpreter? I'd kinda like to work with actual science, though I think that ain't ever happening.

desertxsnow

I want to work for the US Department of State's Diplomatic Security Service. I grew up with that lifestyle since my dad works for State, and so I moved around a lot. I ended up getting really interested in counterterrorism as it came time for me to go to college and figure out what I wanted to study. I can do it, I just fear how hard it will be. It'd be a lot of rigorous training and a lot of stress. I just hope I can make Embassies safer for all the Americans who work there though.

I totally forgot I made this thread until just now. I forgot to follow it. Oops. :P

Everyone's responses are so interesting!

There was this one tea shop in Williamsburg, Virginia that I visited a couple of years ago. I thought it was the coolest thing, and the guy at the counter was so knowledgable about all the different types and flavors and aromas and their effects. I would love that as a career, but tbh I would feel somewhat guilty doing that, because it's not a very meaningful career. Haha.

Iiiii want to be a screenwriter

Grumpy Alien

Acting

andreas1033

I wanted to be a monk. If none of the craziness happened in my life, i would of went away and lived my life out in a monastery at around 23 or 24. I have no interest in others, and none in the material western culture.

I could of easily lived a life in solitude, living on some self sustaining monastery.

But alas, that could not be.

I am not sure whether that was a christian monk, or a buddhist monk. But i could easily have gone seomwhere and took a vow of silence, and lived my life not talking to anyone, in those sort of things.

fujipaisley

I'd love to be a chef but in a relaxed cafe/restaurant type place not anywhere too fancy, alas I can't cook all that well...

J. van Deijck

A soldier, but everyone knows it already :o

Lover Of Cats And Cake

I want to be a zookeeper, but at the same time, I want to be a writer. So I'm going to find a way to do both

Archived