Have you posted a picture of yourself on AVEN before?

Sharing your pic  

1. 1. Have you shared it on AVEN before?

• Yes
    • Not quite
    • No
  2. 2. If not, why not?

• I haven't got a camera or means to take a photo of myself
    • I want to have more control of my privacy or personal information over the internet
    • I think I'm too ugly or disgusting to see
    • Looks aren't important; I want people to judge me for my character alone
    • I'm too lazy or I can't be bothered right now
    • I believe my enemies or such that can/will track me down
    • I am or have been a victim of stalking, harrassment or bullying
    • Other technical limitations, such as unable to upload photos
    • Only friends or trusted individuals will be gifted
    • Other
    • I have posted my photo
  3. 3. Would you like a Jelly Baby?

• Oh thanks!
    • No thanks
    • Shut up! *Slaps them away*

This poll is closed to new votes

I haven't, except my hand and a bit of my hair in the corner many years ago. I don't feel like posting any personal photos on AVEN because I like to have that control on my privacy and personal information....if there was a need then I'd share in private with friends. I also like to give everyone the chance to get to know me first, rather than attract (or scare off) people by looks alone. And stuff.

I wouldn't post my picture here. Too public and I prefer to be a mystery.

Confusion 0

I'm very self-conscious about my appearance.

Ricecream-man

That AVEN would probably crumble from the increased site traffic if the wonderful and famous MT posted a photo of herself

catsaregood

That AVEN would probably crumble from the increased site traffic if the wonderful and famous MT posted a photo of herself

Ah, the mystery that is Mys Tery :D

Guest Cairne Bloodhoof

Have you shared it on AVEN before?

No. I might, if the thread for it will be available only for registered members of AVEN. I don't want to post photo here if anybody on the internet can see it. The reason are written below, in the answer for the second question.

If not, why not?

bullet_star_rated.png I want to have more control of my privacy or personal information over the internet

bullet_star_rated.png I believe my enemies or such that can/will track me down

None of them is accurate, but they are close to the truth. I don't think that I am ugly nor pretty. I belive I am somewhere in between :) . The first reason why I haven't post my photo here is that I haven't come out to anybody in my real life. I fear that they might google up the photo and it will lead them here, to AVEN and they would discover my orientation. That is terryfing me. I don't want them to discover my orientation by seing photo of me on the internet. I'd rather tell them myself first, then I won't be concerned if they can look up my photo on AVEN or not. But I am not planning to come out, because I fear of rejection, of being ridiculed or something worse. I don't think anybody from the internet would stalk me or harrasing me because of it, although I admit it can happen. I am not from one of the western countries and I doubt someone will try to come to place where I live just because of me posting a pic of myself :lol: . If somebody starts to harass me on the internet, I can block them, so I am not afraid of that very much. I might send a photo of me to somebody via PM if they are interested, but I must trust them first and they should send me a photo of them too.

Would you like a Jelly Baby?

bullet_star_rated.png No thanks. I guess you like them, since you have asked something similiar on AGN as well :) .

WünderBâhr

I post my pic as my avatar, sometimes, when I feel okay with people seeing my face, I guess. I prefer mystery and privacy--avatars are changeable and constantly rotating, so that helps. Sometimes, it feels nice for people to see offline me vs a cartoonized bahr version. Don't get me wrong, I lurve my bahr. Just as much me as my face would be.

<---- Right there.

CaptainCam

Nah I haven't and I doubt I ever will, i'm too ugly

No and I never will. For the following reasons:

The obvious one of privacy.

I am not attractive, one of society's Plain Janes, apologies to all Janes on here.

Someone who knows me personally and remembers me under my original forename might recognise me and reveal it.

There is more chance of me actually being elected as an Aven moderator!

No, I would not like a jelly baby, thank you. I am vegetarian.

I have, scarcely here and there, like once in 2009, maybe once in 2010, once in 2014... And I think a couple in 2015. I didn't really feel pressured for it but I saw how people were getting great feedback and sweet comments when they did so I felt why not :)

Privacy? Well, if someone actually finds me through AVEN it'll mean they looked up asexuality (and digged into threads) so I wouldn't mind those kind of people knowing anyway.

People I know can connect my accounts on different sites if I share too much ._.

Like, I'm writing mean stuff venting about a friend or so, google picture search bams they found me in the forums. Or avenites find one of the deviantart accounts that I wanted to keep anonymous :0

AshenPhoenix

I am an enigma wrapped in a mystery.

In ye olden days of chat when I first joined there was quite a guessing game revolved around people guessing my actual name even. I dislike people knowing anything about me, for multiple reasons. Including random paranoia, and simply liking to have control over the content I put on the internet, as well as... Well, Why should I? No one really needs that information to make their judgement on me, I mean, if for some reason I NEED to PROVE That I accidentally punched a mirror when I was 14 I can send a picture of the scar on my hand? (Note that this is sarcasm indicating there isn't any real reason I need to post my pictures here)

Sleepy Skeleton

It's not that I don't want anyone to know what I look like... It's that I'm not out to everyone and would be horrified if my family somehow made it on here and saw my picture. I know it's a silly fear, but I can't help it.

I also like to feel mysterious. Am I a boy? A girl? Pretty? Ugly? Actually a dog in disguise? WHO KNOWS?!! :P

Truth and Lies

The only pictures I've posted of myself are close ups of my left and right ear a few days after getting new piercings because I was paranoid that they weren't healing correctly and wanted another opinion and the piercer was definitely no help.

Might take those down when I get back home, hmmm... they're old news.

I won't post full pictures of myself for both privacy/security reasons and the fact that I like to remain a mystery, as do many others. x3

Indiana Joe

I haven't posted a picture of myself in 20 years on teh intarwebz. Why start now?

Nah. Seeing my face is a privilege restricted to a select few. :P

I'm just uneasy with the thought of pictures of me ghosting around the internet forever, out of my control. (Plus, Darth Sheldon still symbolizes me well enough.)

I haven't put it anywhere on the internet. Just not comfortable with it. That's not to say it isn't potentially out there somewhere, but it wasn't put there by me.

I have sent it to people that I trust, though.

Generally speaking, I do not wish to be evaluated by my appearance anyway. I don't do that with others and I'd prefer for others to afford me that same courtesy.

Toby The Casual Prince

I have posted a picture of me. Both in chat and once in the forums, but I think I took that one down. I've also posted cartoon versions of me.

Kudos to all who refuse to reveal themselves because that makes sense. One never knows who is out there.

My avatar is my picture ^_^ I don't think anyone I know would ever find me here xD and even if they do, I'm not sure I care :P I use my own picture because I like people knowing what I look like and I always feel like writing alone can't show another person the feelings I'm having as I write or who I am xD hmmmm so yeah... That's why I use my picture and lots of emojis as well I guess xD

No because, the forums can be accessed by everybody and I'm not out as asexual to the whole wide world. That being said, it's fun to see the lovely pictures of other avenites though. :)

eeriesilence

I'm just here for the Jelly Babies. Can I have the ones everyone else refused? :D

I am on quite a few social media platforms under the same username, it's pretty much my handle. Friends know to look it up if they need to find me. Anything I post on here, I would quite readily talk about with people in person - so really, I don't have anything to "hide" from irl people. Not that that is a bad thing, I totally understand why it's so for some people - I'm just not one of them.

Also; sometimes I quite like my face. I like to share my face with others.

Mystery and avoidance of detection are also the reasons behind why I have different usernames for different fora.

Rising Sun

Voted "I want to have more control of my privacy or personal information over the internet", partly because "I am or have been a victim of stalking, harrassment or bullying" by my biological family, so "I believe my enemies or such that can/will track me down". I don't want my biological family to find me on Internet, and I also don't want to allow my future employer(s) to do so. If I were sure that my biological family, employers or other people who know me IRL, I would post more personal things on AVEN (my picture is only one of them), but I prefer being paranoid to risking bad surprises. The only person I totally trust knows my username on AVEN. I don't trust my friends enough to let them read things that more or less describe some very private elements of my life.

kiaroskuro

Even though there are pictures of me online, I prefer to publish as little personal information as possible. And I'd be terrified if somebody I knew actually tracked me down or discovered my picture here by accident.

I'm already worrying way too much about losing control of my digital privacy.

It's been my avatar for a while now. I run an online business, so my face and real name are out there anyway. I'm not that paranoid.

sleepy_kristen

i've posted it before but i took it down a few days later

chuckylover911

I have.

I used to be wholeheartedly against posting pictures of myself online, but that's changed now. I don't really have anything to hide. If someone I know irl stumbled upon this account it wouldn't matter, it might even help me to come out. And I don't care about being cool or mysterious. I like how I look.

HeartfulPeach

I usually don't share a pic of myself online but for some reason I felt ok doing so here in AVEN.

Archived