I've been dating a girl for almost 8 months and I feel super selfish

Perpetualpessimist

Perpetualpessimist

Hey, so I've been dating this girl for almost 8 months and I feel really guilty some times about being asexual while she's not. We're both, 16 and where we live the age of consent is 17 and as we get closer I feel more and more like I'm keeping her from something that I've heard plenty of people glorify and is thought of as a right of passage.

I know many people will tell me that sex is overrated by the media and is not crucial for a relationship but I sometimes feel like the only thing stopping my beautiful girlfriend from experiencing a stronger relationship with a better guy.

I also feel like after coming out to her, she can't complain because it is directly my fault. I don't know whether I should break up with her so she can be happier in the long run, or stay with her and pray she will tell me and not just hide from me how much of a pr*ck I'm being...

I suggest you just talk about this. Tell her how you feel and ask her what she thinks.

Wishing you all the best for your relationship,

Ina

Hey, so I've been dating this girl for almost 8 months and I feel really guilty some times about being asexual while she's not. We're both, 16 and where we live the age of consent is 17 and as we get closer I feel more and more like I'm keeping her from something that I've heard plenty of people glorify and is thought of as a right of passage.

I know many people will tell me that sex is overrated by the media and is not crucial for a relationship but I sometimes feel like the only thing stopping my beautiful girlfriend from experiencing a stronger relationship with a better guy.

I also feel like after coming out to her, she can't complain because it is directly my fault. I don't know whether I should break up with her so she can be happier in the long run, or stay with her and pray she will tell me and not just hide from me how much of a pr*ck I'm being...

It's not your place to decide her needs/wants. Discuss with her how you feel. But, let HER decide if she needs/wants to be with a sexual person or you. You decide if you can handle being with a sexual person.

Instead of you trying to decide what would make her happiest, why not let her decide? She's old enough to do that, right?

A good relationship is helped along when both partners are open and honest about what they want and how they feel. I agree you should talk about it. As long as she knows you are asexual (and what exactly that means), if she wants to be with you, don't worry :)

Archived