libidoists aces?

So I'm a little confused (I think all my posts start like this XD). I don't get the nuance between ace and non-libidoist (probably because I am both). Libidoist means a person has a libido, aka sexual desires? Isn't that the opposite of being ace?

Please note that I'm asking, I don't mean this a a skeptical post, I just genuinely want to understand :)

No, it basically means that they experience arousal. Nothing more than that. A libido doesn't mean that they have thoughts of what to do with it, just that they get turned on.... Does that make sense without me being crude? It's simply a biological thing, not a psychological thing really.

The Great WTF

Having a libido is a little like having an itch. It's an involuntary need for sexual release that can be satisfied with sex, masturbation, kink play, or whatever else the libidoed person prefers, but it's not pointed in any particular direction. It just is. Whereas sexual attraction, the lack of which defines asexuality, can be compared to having an itch that you want/need a very specific person to scratch. It's wanting some kind of sexual contact with the specific person you are attracted to. (This is kind of an over-simplified version, mind you, but that's what it can be easily boiled down to.)

What hbadger said -- I am definately asexual; have no interest in having sexual relations with others, even though I've gotten the opportunity many times- and I have no attraction to anyone else of either sex... but I've unfortunately developed a very high libido lately, which I hate and absolutely drives me crazy because it interrupts my day. But, it won't go away until I "take care of it" so it's a necessary evil. It's something that I take care of myself, instead of having someone else take care of it for me. For the heck of it I have brought/allowed a friend (ahem) over to see if maybe I'm just confused and not actually Ace, but no go there- a libido is just an annoying necessity I have to take care of, like a chore. I'm jealous of those ace's who are non libidoists...

Confusion 0

I have a libido, but I've learnt to ignore it. Is it just me?

Bad_Mr_Tree

Having a libido is a little like having an itch. It's an involuntary need for sexual release that can be satisfied with sex, masturbation, kink play, or whatever else the libidoed person prefers, but it's not pointed in any particular direction. It just is. Whereas sexual attraction, the lack of which defines asexuality, can be compared to having an itch that you want/need a very specific person to scratch. It's wanting some kind of sexual contact with the specific person you are attracted to. (This is kind of an over-simplified version, mind you, but that's what it can be easily boiled down to.)

You read my mind! I agree 200% with this. :))

Libido and sex-drive are synonms but that's because sexual people; the majority, experience both at the same time/think desire for pleasure is the same thing as desire for sex with another person. We use libido to refer to masturbation-drive. Sex-drive is the desire to have sex. Sexual attraction is the impulse/desire to do sexual things to/with a specific person. In sexual people, sexual arousal triggers this desire, which is caused by a persons presence. Cupiosexual is having a sex-drive but not finding anyone sexually enticing.

AlwaysADreamer

I have a libido, but I've learnt to ignore it. Is it just me?

A lot of people, especially in the asexual community, have a libido and it's not uncommon for someone to learn to ignore it. So it's not just you :)

nerdperson777

Now my idea of having a libido is skewed. I don't have any sexual desire but I can get aroused by images or sounds.

Sage Raven Domino

No matter what or who arouses you, if you need to release tension by having an orgasm, then you do have a libido, but in the ace case, it doesn't result in longing to find a partner for its release via in-person genital contact (which would be sexual desire) - one can engage in cyber (which is still a (grey-)ace activity imo), release it on their own or even ignore it.

whocaresthough

I have libido, but I'm sex-repulsed. So when I see or hear something sexual, I have two combating forces inside my body and it makes me wanna puke D: