*poll* do you support same-sex marriage?

Ace-TheTimelordsCompanion

Do you support same-sex and same-gender marriage  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Tick the ones you most agree with

• I'd better, I am married to someone of the same sex or gender
    • I wholeheartedly support it #loveislove
    • I'm fine with it
    • I tolerate it
    • I am fine with same sex/gender couples being together, but use a different word, don't call it marriage
    • I don't really like it
    • I am against it
    • I don't support marriage between any people regardless of sex or gender
    • I am passionately and actively against it
    • I am against homosexuality/homoromanticism in general
    • I beleive all homosexual/homoromantic relationships should be illegal
    • I don't really care one way or the other, it's all none of my business
    • I am okay with homosexuality/homoromanticism, but please no PDA
    • I am repulsed and while I am all for it intelectually, I struggle not to flinch IRL regardless of the gender/sexuality
    • Marriage equality is a wonderful step, but more still needs to happen for equality in this world.
    • MARRIAGE. It is called 'MARRIAGE' :D

This poll is closed to new votes

Please be nice.

NO DEROGATORY LANGUGE

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, whether or not it matches that of others, but hate speech (toward any group) isn't allowed on AVEN anyway.

NOTE: I am often refering to it as same sex or same gender marriage, I know this doesn't cover the vast range of human experience, I am just using it as a blanket coverage in the interests of brevity

Yup, I do, fully! Love is love and it needs no gender! :)

Confusion 0

Same-sex marriage all the way :D

I voted "I don't care". There's far more pressing issues anyway.

I voted "I don't care". There's far more pressing issues anyway.

There are some important issues, I agree. But I think those are basic rights and should be granted to all ^-^

I can't remember who or where it came from, but I really like the line:

"If you have a problem with same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex as you."

"If you have a problem with same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex as you."

I heard that too :D And also "Don't go to a same sex/gender marriage" :D

poindexter

I'm fine with it and I'm not entirely sure why some people are so opposed to it. I'm not gay, I'm not religious, and even if I wasn't aromantic, I doubt I'd get married anyway, so it doesn't really affect me, but equality is a good thing and it's a step forward in that regards :)

AlwaysADreamer

I do support same-sex marriage. We still have a ways to go, but this is a great step :)

Something similar that I heard is that "being against same gender marriage is like being against pizza with ketchup. It is not your pizza and it is not your ketchup"

Yep, 110% support it. #Loveislove Let rainbows abound. There is still alot more work to be done for so many opressed groups, and many countries don't have marriage equality. yet. :D

As an aro-ace marriage still makes some sense to me, you are creating a family tie and a public bond. Why should this be a privelege for the select?

And by the way, I support it wholeheartedly 210%, but I do think that the march toward equality will still be REALLY LONG.

Something similar that I heard is that "being against same gender marriage is like being against pizza with ketchup. It is not your pizza and it is not your ketchup"

I'm sorry, but God most certainly did not intend for ketchup to be put on pizza. You, sir, are an abomination. :mad:

Marriage equality, on the other hand, is something that's long overdue. :P

I honestly can't understand how a ace, a minority that is considered abnormal by many groups of our society because of its sex life (in that case, the no sex life), can be against homosexuality, a minority that also is considered abnormal by many groups of our society because of its sex life.

Can you add a "I don't give two shits what goes on just leave me alone" box?

I'm not sure how I really feel about it. I know my religion is against it, but it doesn't bother me like it does them, because I don't really understand why anyone gets married. Not that I think it's bad - I just don't get it. Consequently, I'm almost afraid to have a solid opinion on the subject of marriage.

Besides.... "If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peacably with all men."

I guess peace lies in me on this matter.

I support, support, support it 100%. Love is love, indeed. : ) I also checked off that it's a great step, but there's still more to be done for equality.

I considered voting "I am okay with homosexuality/homoromanticism, but please no PDA," but actually "I am repulsed and while I am all for it intelectually, I struggle not to flinch IRL regardless of the gender/sexuality" is more accurate. I wouldn't say repulsed though, that word is too strong for me. Sex scenes of any kind in movies are really awkward for me and I often avert my eyes or just leave the room.

PDA between real people is none of my business though; I am all for other people doing what is right for them as long as they aren't hurting anyone.

Moved from Hot Box to Census Forum :cake:

Good idea, it is going smoothly :D You are braver than me though to release it from the box :p

Yeah, love is love. I tell my parents that I'm indifferent since it isn't my business, but that's not how I feel. I just don't want to get into a conversation with them. They are against marriage I think because it's in the bible that it's only between man and woman. I don't think they're against homosexuality, though, because they have gay relatives and they're fine with them. Marriage is all good and fine but there's a lot more to deal with on the quest for equality and we should really start working on that.

Homoromantic here, and raised Catholic. I was actually going to post something about this.

I get that some people are uncomfortable with the idea of gay sex, and that's fine. What I don't understand is how people can think like "Our marriage is okay, but yours isn't" or "Because I'm averse to your kind of marriage I want to make it illegal even though it affects me in no way whatsoever". (Okay, no one would ever say that.)

The Catholic Church has this whole view about how marriage is meant to be open to the possibility of life, but I don't see anyone protesting against straight, infertile couples. Or, better yet, contraceptives. Plus, logic hole: some queer couples can actually reproduce.

I don't think I think this way just because I'm queer. Even before I realized I was, I still supported it. Why? Because YOU CAN'T OUTLAW LOVE.

I could go on, but.....

I don't support marriage as a legal concept, regardless of who the people are who seek it - same sex, different sex, whatever, it's all equally objectionable to me.

Marriage should be a purely religious ceremony with no legal aspect and no secular benefits whatsoever.

PeachGiynn

I voted two: "I wholeheartedly support it #loveislove" and "I don't support marriage between any people regardless of sex or gender".

And there's why.

I'm not really into the marriage idea regardeless of everything: I find it an oppressive and unecessary institution and I'll be glad if one day it totally disappears.

Since my original idea isn't applicable for now I'm very happy and active to support the closest idea: marriage equality.

I have just one doubt. I'm afraid that once marriage equality is legal in most of the countries, no one in future will care about other LGBTQAI+ issues...

I have just one doubt. I'm afraid that once marriage equality is legal in most of the countries, no one in future will care about other LGBTQAI+ issues...

Cause people are self-serving and in most cases, they do not care about issues that they perceive not to affect them. As for myself, I wish habitat loss was strictly regulated and earth issues gets solved, but people do not care. Hence, why my position and it is not a issue that affects me.

I don't see the reason to distinguish between that and any other kind of marriage, and I certainly support the notion (and am glad that it has finally been ruled in favour of in my country), but that is only a fairly small step in the grand scheme of things with regards to equality. A very important step for many people, I know; I certainly have many friends who are very happy they can be legally married now, and so forth, but equality requires a good deal more than that for LGBT+ rights alone, and is a long way off for some other kinds of discrimination as well.

Archived