A good break-up!

whocaresthough

whocaresthough

I told my boyfriend that I was asexual, and I didn't want to date him if he thought I'd eventually have sex with him. I only wish I knew that aces were a thing before I started dating him. He was completely understanding, and we are going to spend the same amount of time together! Do any of you have break-up stories that could have gone better, or that worked out well like mine?

Edit: And because of this, I was able to bring up and come out to my best friend, who I've been wanting to come out to for a while. So, yay, take a chance if you get it! That's the lesson!

My last boyfriend was the one, who actually first introduced me to asexuality. I "came out" to him as a severely sex-repulsed and damaged and he pointed out that I might be an asexual. He didn't seem to mind much at that moment, but I did and promised to at least try to find it in myself to compromise.

Well in the end, the relationship didn't work for various reasons. We sat down and had a long talk (and then even longer written exchange) about what we thought wasn't working, what expectations weren't met, etc. Sex did come up and he admitted that while he would have never forced me into something I didn't want to do, he has his need and without meaning to, he might have ended up resenting me for it.

Well. After that was done (I was honestly relieved), we went right back to being good friends, as before the relationship and I love every moment of it.

(well, in all fairness, I think I should have given it more time and I have the feeling that I let go of the only person, who'll ever "get me", but I guess this is irrelevant here)

Archived