Making a twitter about Asexuality?

Amy Ghost

I kinda wanted to make a twitter and post stuff about Asexuality. You know, just do something to spread the word and put the thoughts, explanations and stuff. Just educational.

And now I learned that you can't post anything there longer than 140 characters. It's totally pathetic! How are you supposed to say something with thtat?! Yea, people have millions of followers, but what people? Katty Perry. I'm not them, nor do I want to. But the point is I couldn't say anything. Completely ot letting people really say some opinion. Completely stupid in this way. It's totally pission me off.

If anyone knows about something else and would like to I¨d still do this. I do it on tumblr, posting stuff about Asexuality mostly, then some Transgender stuff and more. No need for facebook since there are already several pages and groups.

Twitter is mostly for short messages (as you've seen). Like "good asexual representation at the pride event" and so on. You can still spread asexual visibility thoruhg twitter :) And it is awesoem that you do it!

Twitter is mostly for short messages (as you've seen). Like "good asexual representation at the pride event" and so on. You can still spread asexual visibility thoruhg twitter :) And it is awesoem that you do it!

Links and pics. But I want to post my thoughts and quotes and similar stuff. Thanks to this I couldn't and it seems ridiculous :/

Links and pics. But I want to post my thoughts and quotes and similar stuff. Thanks to this I couldn't and it seems ridiculous :/

I see :/ I guess you either have to short them down or only post links or pics or something. Sorry can't think of anything else.

I see :/ I guess you either have to short them down or only post links or pics or something. Sorry can't think of anything else.

Yea, which would look weird. I want to post a lot more.

Are there any similar websites with better conditions and yet still popular a lot?

I would have suggested tumblr but since you're already doing that... Maybe pinterest?

I would have suggested tumblr but since you're already doing that... Maybe pinterest?

I'm doing the same on Pinterest too :D And I did some on facebook

Rising Sun

I understand your disappointment, Twitter is so restrictive that I'm unable to understand how it can be popular.

If you use Tumblr, I see some problems about it personally :

- you will reach only a very specific public, people between 15 and 25, and they're the most educated about asexuality already ; people who are older than 25 need to be more educated about the existence of asexuality so it should be taken into account IMO ;

- Tumblr is overcrowded, success is far from being guaranteed ;

- you'll get many trolls so be sure that you aren't very sensitive about people insulting you and your work in public.

If you want to reach a very large public including adults of all ages, and if you want to have more control on trolls including banning them, a Facebook page is a better bet IMO.

I understand your disappointment, Twitter is so restrictive that I'm unable to understand how it can be popular.

If you use Tumblr, I see some problems about it personally :

- you will reach only a very specific public, people between 15 and 25, and they're the most educated about asexuality already ; people who are older than 25 need to be more educated about the existence of asexuality so it should be taken into account IMO ;

- Tumblr is overcrowded, success is far from being guaranteed ;

- you'll get many trolls so be sure that you aren't very sensitive about people insulting you and your work in public.

If you want to reach a very large public including adults of all ages, and if you want to have more control on trolls including banning them, a Facebook page is a better bet IMO.

Interesting, thank you. I don¨t know much about tumblr, not that long there. So far got 28 followers of uncertain age. I've already been insulted several times, I cool about it, I ignore them if I can't reason with them.

Okay, I'll think about that. Thank you again.

When making a facebook page do i really need to add countries?

Archived